Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 rear winch bumper build

Never got chance mate. Winching people out all day long!

Chris

Stop Press. Hey look, a pic from the TPORE website. Yay. This doesn't look much but it took some getting up. The back wheel is actually off the ground. The tree touched but was OK. Needed full lockers and some beanz.

IMG_3984s.jpg

Now see, if that was me. it would be one of two things.

1, Get the chainsaw out and cut the tree down :)

or

2, Just drive stright at the tree and knock it over!!!

Paul

Nice options there Paul, but we can't cut down standing trees. It looks an innocent piccy and quite a simple climb up a little slope. Incredible how the camera DOES lie. Took me several goes to get up that and I was at the point of backing out fearing major damage. If you were able to get to the tree to knock it down Paul, I'd give you a prize. If you could draw back and see what lies around that tree you'd understand why no one has managed to hit it. :lol: Oddly it has managed to ruin many a car that has tried it.

Conditions were some of the worst I have ever been in. Planning a new flower bed with the mud.

Still learning steel to ally welding Jon. But willing to give it a go. The awning only just touched actually. Given how hard I have hit it in the past, it wasn't a problem.

As the day went on, hazards that both Rob and I had been through in the morning were virtually impassable in the afternoon. Got to a point where even Rob couldn't quite keep up with the Insa Turbos on mine. We called it a day then. Well after Rod decided to go off alone into the trees for one last little

HEY, I'm hijacking my own thread now. Rob, you'll have to start a new on. With your two pictures that you took.

To get an idea of the site look here.

http://www.tpore.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1544

Chris

OK sports-fans. Major update for you all today. Really pleased with how this has gone. I like it a lot. OK something's not right with the pics. I posted them sequentially but they're in the wrong order. I shall sort that later. Back to the garage!

I started with a chunk of this

and turned it onto one of these. Feeling pretty pleased with the accuracy I got using the miller DRO. Thanks JW.

Then stuck it all together to make this

Adjustable centre section

Attachments

• P1000797.JPG
    P1000797.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 192
  • P1000798.JPG
    P1000798.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 197
  • P1000799.JPG
    P1000799.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 193
  • P1000800.JPG
    P1000800.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 197
  • P1000801.JPG
    P1000801.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 192
  • P1000803.JPG
    P1000803.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 194
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris, I missed the picture of the doubled-up cutting board wear plate? :think:

Good work - the welds on the tyre-mount look very solid :thumbup:

Looks unsurprisingly great Chris :thumbup:

And erm yeah.. [cough] .. welds look erm... solid? (apparently) :lol:

Is that a spare wheel hoist in the background Chris :lol: Nice job, looking very good indeed.

Great job :clap: :thumbup: ......as usual and as expected, your becoming predictable! ;)

Thanks chaps. Really very pleased with how that's turning out. A whole new level of precision for me using my new toys. Things actually fit. Making the locking pin at the second and no Andrew, no chopping boards were harmed in the making if this carrier. :doh:

Chris

Looking good Chris :thumbup: Can't wait to get a garage so I can start to collect all the tools needed to do something like this...

So close now. Just fiddling little detail really. Got a stop fitted to the arm which is nothing really, but the pin is total triumph from my perspective. Damn I have wanted a lathe for so long. Not wasting any time making up for all those lost years. Machined up this pin, even threaded it to take a nice neat little plastic knob on the end. Works a treat. Working on the catch plate now. Milling is my new favourite pastime. :lol:

Chris

Attachments

• P1000805.JPG
    P1000805.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 262
  • P1000804.JPG
    P1000804.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 272
You do some cracking work Chris, have to admit now JW as gone on to higher planes......the first thing I do when I come onto this site is look for the mods you and Ben have been doing.
Wish I had the enthusiasm you pair have. Keep the good work up, it keeps this old cogger ( yes I admit it, can't pretend I'm 18 any longer pmsl) very happy reading....looking at the pics of your work.

Cheers Keith. Shame it take so many of us to equal one JW :clap:

Very nice work Chris your going to end up with a fantastic truck you will not want to part with, keep it up.Luvin the pics :thumbup:
Martin

Back