Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series: Nice looking '97 4.2TD VX but NO keys!

That was the one on another thread recommended for Lorin isn't it?
So Andy, what's the plan for this one? Do up and sell or another one for the collection?
Looks tidy.
Ian

Well I got the impression Lorin wasn't seriously interested and to be fair firstly its an auction and secondly in my opinion if Lorin had viewed it he wouldn't have wanted it. Its not a patch on the one Warren bought.
Its had a rear end shunt at some stage and its not been repaired 100% which needs addressing although it doesn't bother me so much. you can't tell from the photos but it was immediately evident upon inspection.
24V autos are my thing and what I an trying to achieve is a mint one made up to UK VX spec so it is what "we really should have had in 95", but mint shells are becoming a rarity these days due to salt corrosion.
Its a good runner and I'll use it a while but its not "the one", that said I'd have confidence in it to drive it anywhere.

Fair play Andy. I wasn't suggesting you jumped in on it. I think Lorin had already dismissed it as being too far away to view it:thumbup:

Yes Clive, 2 keys and an MOT certificate for a year but bugger all service history, still if everything works after nearly 200k it must have been looked after to a reasonable degree.

Well I got the impression Lorin wasn't seriously interested and to be fair firstly its an auction and secondly in my opinion if Lorin had viewed it he wouldn't have wanted it.

Right on all points there Andy. Still sounds a good truck for the money and I'm glad the gamble paid off :thumbup: I still need to sort having a go in one before I take the plunge and buy one. Maybe next Lincomb if you're there you could take me for a spin.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you spot a potentially good one Lorin and its ooop north I can/will view it for you and give all the help and advice I can. I think we want a 24V auto for different reasons, I want a nice road truck in pretty standard form and I think you want to start off with a good one and modify it like your other one.

I can tell you exactly where it is, its on the Advent Business Park in Edmonton :)

Just gone, again, for £4480. I wonder if it will stay sold this time?

Back