Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Christmas rear bumper

Rosy

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hello folks, I hope this post finds you well and on the wind down to Christmas.

After my unsuccessful attempt to secure an AFN rear bumper earlier this year I thought I’d revisit my options over the Xmas break.

After doing some googling last night I came across one or two options I hadn’t seen before (like this one from wink http://www.wink4x4.com/) which got me thinking there might be more out there than I initially thought.

So my question is, what other rear spare wheel/jerry can options have you folks come across for the 80?

Oh.. and Merry Christmas to you all!

@willthompson thank you! that is exactly the sort of response I was hoping for. I have not come across K2 before but having had a quick squiz of their fb page they do look to make some impressive stuff.

To answer your question, no id didn't go the WC but the issue was with AFN kicking the delivery back 3 times so I ended up asking for my money back. While I do like the ARB stuff, 3k for the full setup is a little rich for my blood.

Give Mojo on here a PM. He had some fitted that were really nice and not silly money either. Not sure if you can see the rear but his truck is on the callendar pics thread.

Thanks @StarCruiser, I couldn't quite make out Mojo's rear bumper on the calendar thread but I'll be sure to PM him for details.

@willthompson thank you! that is exactly the sort of response I was hoping for. I have not come across K2 before but having had a quick squiz of their fb page they do look to make some impressive stuff.

To answer your question, no id didn't go the WC but the issue was with AFN kicking the delivery back 3 times so I ended up asking for my money back. While I do like the ARB stuff, 3k for the full setup is a little rich for my blood.

i have heard afn are hard to deal with, k2 have just done a twin wheel bumper and i think its was around the 2k mark so they are cheaper than arb and its totally bespoke.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i have heard afn are hard to deal with,

I think @stan would agree that that is an understatement.

@GeekOKent, I thought about that but recall a thread where people had quite a hard time making contact with them which, after my AFN experience, I'd rather avoid.

Keen to see where this goes. I’m after a rear bumper next year and was thinking ARB but for some reason the bumper for a 105 is much more expensive than the 80. If you go down the K2 route I’d be interested to hear what sort of price and product you get

I did some speculative emailing with opony-4x4.pl and they seem like really good value, even factoring in shipping from Poland. I think they go under a couple of different names and list their bumpers on eBay where the prices are much higher. Believe they’ve been recommended on here before.

@nick_the_fish I too like the look of the ARB, and having seen Karls in the flesh it is an impressive thing.

@Jacob100 thats a new one to me so thank you. How far did you get with your conversation and was there anything that put you off moving forward?

@kingtom those look great and the price isn't too bad either!

thanks gents!!

Kaymar do a range of bumpers with various options, obviously in Aus but would ship I'd think.
Wheel carrier I've got is well made.

I’m pretty sure Mojo’s bumpers were from Poland. Rear one even had a small winch in it. The look was very good.

I had West Coast fit my front & rear 80 series AFN bumpers a couple of years ago. Generally well made and take a lot of punishment . Clearance is too tight between the bumpers & bodywork in places leading to rubbing especially when flexing. Quality of the rear led lights could be better & the swing out restraint mechanism is easily damaged by a 35" Mt.
Overall though for what I payed I'm happy, especially when compared to ARB or even K2 prices
Really liked the look of the N American 4x4 labs rear bumper but couldn't find a supplier in Europe at the time and shipping was prohibitive.
Good luck in your search.

@Jacob100 thats a new one to me so thank you. How far did you get with your conversation and was there anything that put you off moving forward?

I just wanted to see how much they wanted for front and rear 100 series bumpers shipped to the UK. He was very responsive and the quote came in at around £1,000 without extras. I'd like to get it done some day but it's not a pressing need at the moment... Think it was @Michael Clark who recommended them on here.

@nick_the_fish atleast kaymar on my 105 is marked as compatible with the 80 as well, with a different mount kit.

I am quite keen to also see where this conversation lands, since I need someone to help build a couple of carriers for my kaymar.

Back