Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A very nice looking 80 but £££s

Nice in the pictures but need to get up close to see if it is as good as it looks.

I viewed around five 'immaculate ' examples before finding mine and they were all rubbish.

I reckon if it is a 'goodun' then perhaps £10,000?

Regards

Dave

Nice in the pictures but need to get up close to see if it is as good as it looks.

I viewed around five 'immaculate ' examples before finding mine and they were all rubbish.

I reckon if it is a 'goodun' then perhaps £10,000?

Regards

Dave

It looks fine as Dave says but its still an old truck, not exactly low mileage and I'm sure wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny.
There are very few left which are mint underneath, if they are its for a specific reason, they might have been imported from say, Cyprus where they are a bit dusty but all pretty mint where it matters or any other place they don't use salt. Also as in the case of my GS, its been abandoned for years from a time it hadn't been affected underneath and so is still very good.
these are rare finds though and with my limited experience 99% of 80's vary from fair to poor underneath due to age, salt, lack of decent paint coverage and negligence.

It would be interesting to hear a members report on a viewing but it looks just like a dealers "chancer" of a £5k+k payday to me.

Immaculate is a VERY bold claim
I've been to look at immaculate 80s in the past expecting to find something at least pretty darn good. Came home with the cash still in my pocket
Andy remember the mint one near Oxford?
Accident repaired and the roof stoved in according to the seller this was perfectly acceptable because immaculate was a relative term

"Known as the beast"

Enough to put me off any sale. Surprised it doesn't say "this thing will go anywhere you point it" or "never gets stuck". Etc. :expressionless:

If it has been stored in a heated garage you never know..

certainly looks very nice.

if i was looking again and it was nearly as good as claimed i would buy it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Right colour, wrong engine and gear box, too many miles :lol:

What exactly is "Electronic Stability Program" and "Chrome Pack"? It appears to have no more chrome than others of the same model/age.

Lol. Correct me if im wrong, you do about 4000 miles a year? The 1hd ft will easily do 400000 miles.
So your good for the next 100 years..:icon-biggrin:

I do less then that lol. 2500 to 3000 a year.

It takes the wrong fuel for me lol.
Looks nice in the pics though

Counting pennies Gary :think: all it needs is a lift , new wheels and tyres , bumpers front and rear , a couple of winches , extended arch flares , a roof rack , a snorkel , all the typical age related repairs need dealing with and then it should be just about ready to smash around Lincomb for the bargain price of ........ :scared-eek:

Last edited:
cringeworthy description. everything about this landcruiser is either "extremely" or "rare" or both.

Pricy for uk but prices seem to be moving up rather than down now. In Japan 80's are fetching more than 100 series cars and sought after far more.

Back