Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adrian Flux

Andrew Prince said:
[quote="Gary Stockton":1z5vae6n]Crispin, try the NFU - great service and fairly priced I thought
But won't do greater London or major metropolitan areas (so they told me back in Feb...)[/quote:1z5vae6n]
Yeah, me to last September :thumbdown:

Given their new television ad's maybe worth trying again?

Gary Stockton said:
Given their new television ad's maybe worth trying again?
:thumbup: I'll give them a try next renewal.

I tried giving NFU a call but no answer. :?: Will wonder over to the office (next to mine) tomorrow and speak to them. Should I take a bunch of flowers with? :whistle:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just tried compare the market (was not expecting much) - cheapest was 739 (40 less than current Chris Knott) the highest - 1700.
Only about 5 quotes, all the others declined...

Crispin said:
I tried giving NFU a call but no answer. :?: Will wonder over to the office (next to mine) tomorrow and speak to them. Should I take a bunch of flowers with? :whistle:

I would have thought your suave looks and winning humour would have been sufficient..... oh hang on :twisted:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha ha. Not… ;)

Tried calling NFU and got through to a Glaswegian woman who sounded like she was contemplating suicide. She could not have sounded worse if she tried. The continuous “ohhh, hold on, I’ll have to go speak to my manager” coupled with the nails-on-chalkboard voice caused the call to be cut short. I could live with the accent but the apathetic attitude and slow speed were to much…

Chris Knott again has my business.

Still seems a lot with Chris Knott Crispin, i'm with them with my 94 80 series, max NCB age late 50's, 3 points £255

Did not take it any further :doh: Insurance expires today and got tied up for the rest of the day.

However, I did manage to get Chris Knott to add us as a recognised car club. :dance: Details to follow when I get them.

Tried Adrian Flux today for the 80, they won't quote on two counts.

1) Its an 8 seater, they can't quote for anything over 7 seats.
2) The vehicle requires a thatcham security system, due to the value of the vehicle (we all know how much a decent 80 commands these days, but it seems the insurance companies don't understand this)

Flux then put you through to another company (call connections), who then put you through.....etc......etc (read, don't bother).
One of the companies, (one answer insurance), quoted £865.99. Bargain........NOT!

The 80 is currently covered by the NFU, but they want £1016.17 to renew :shock: (read, we don't want your business). I think we're over a barrel now, with this continuous insurance legislation :evil: and the insurance companies know it.

I'm waiting to hear back from Chris Knott, they said "we'll call you back within 30mins", an hour and a half later I have a missed call from them. Tried calling back, but they're busy. Still tomorrow is another day.

The joys of shopping for car insurance.

Scott said:
Flux then put you through to another company (call connections), who then put you through.....etc......etc (read, don't bother).
yup - waste of time.

Scott said:
I'm waiting to hear back from Chris Knott, they said "we'll call you back within 30mins", an hour and a half later I have a missed call from them. Tried calling back, but they're busy. Still tomorrow is another day.
The joys of shopping for car insurance.
Remember to tell them you a member of a car club (this one). There is a discount for members.
I'll chase the guy tomorrow for more details about the discount

Crispin said:
Remember to tell them you a member of a car club (this one). There is a discount for members.
I'll chase the guy tomorrow for more details about the discount
I will do. Cheers Crispin.

Got my renewal from Octagon for £703 (excluding any mods which have all be added in the last year) so had a ring around for better quotes.

Chris Knott and NFU would not quote because I have 4 motor convictions in the last 5 years. 2gether wouldn't quote because my mileage is too high (15000 per annum). LV quoted £1020.

Adrian Flux quoted £750 and cover the suspension, tyres and snorkel. Legal, courtesy car and personal accident are included.

Flux refused to quote on my 80 as I told them it left the factory as an 8 seater, (see below).
Scott said:
Tried Adrian Flux today for the 80, they won't quote on two counts.

1) Its an 8 seater, they can't quote for anything over 7 seats.
2) The vehicle requires a thatcham security system, due to the value of the vehicle (we all know how much a decent 80 commands these days, but it seems the insurance companies don't understand this)
I take it yours has 7 seats or less.

:shock: :? :confusion-shrug: :violence-stickwhack:........it was in the small print that they read out at 100mph, "so it's a UK car, right hand drive, seven seats......." Hold on, did you say seven? My log book says 8, as Mr T intended. Well those Japs are only small.

Mine doesn't specify a number of seats in the V5 but there is a section of it you can fill in to change the number of seats so it might be worth changing it to 7, unless you use it with 8 people including the driver?

I thought that the number of "seats" equates to the number of seats with seatbelts nowadays ??

i.e. a Colorado has 8 seat belts (though the middle passengers only gets a lap belt in both rear rows). Whereas a (BMW) Mini or most convertibles these days only have 2 rear belts and are usually classified as 4 seaters.

.....I wait to be corrected. ;) :?

I'm insured through Highway on Fiery with all mods declared for £625.00 fully comp (with 7 years NCD) :shock: But hey ho all insured & legal with a good company :thumbup: May be worth giving them a call :) Although Fiery is just a five seater :think:

Back