Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adrian Flux

What is the email you used for Flux Gary?
As I have only contacted them by phone previously, but I would prefer to have some confirmation in print when i tell them of new mods (and not have to wait in a phone queue)

sent it to

contact-us @ adrianflux.co.uk

take out the spaces :lol:

Well, that was worth a phone call. 2gether insurance. Very nice chap called Grant, knew exactly what I wanted, understood the mods any my circumstances and came back within 5 mins as promised. Fully comp £100 excess including off road and greenlaning etc etc

£390!!!!!!

That'll do for me. Get in.

Chris

Nice one. They will be getting a call from me in a month or so!

I am with them too Chris - so far all the service I have had has been first rate & I am happy with the costs as well :thumbup:

Chris said:
Well, that was worth a phone call. 2gether insurance. Very nice chap called Grant, knew exactly what I wanted, understood the mods any my circumstances and came back within 5 mins as promised. Fully comp £100 excess including off road and greenlaning etc etc

£390!!!!!!

That'll do for me. Get in.

Chris

Beware the advice that you get from Adrain Flux!

Firstly (and for the second time) I asked them for confirmation that 'off-roading' was covered, and they confirmed that it was. I then asked to see the policy document before going ahead, and the policy document clear stated that off-roading was excluded. I called them back about this and they confirmed that off-roading was covered, so I asked them to confirm this in writing to me . They refused to provide written confirmation, so I asked them for written confirmation from the insurance company directly . They then advised me that the insurance company had also declined to put anything in writing. Now you may wish to call me sceptical, but I really wouldn't fancy my chances of making a successful claim for off-road damage, when the insurance policy specifically excluded this activity. If I had the time I would take this up with the insurance ombudsman as a clear case of miss-selling.

But it got worse..... I explained that I was buying another truck, and therefore needed cover on two trucks whilst I was selling my original one. TWO different Adrian Flux advisors confirmed to me that I would have to take out a second full-year policy on the new truck - even though I would not get any refund if I cancelled the policy after a month or so. After pushing back on several occasions, I was eventually put through to the 'retentions department', where a very helpful lady explained that I could indeed take out a temporary policy, for ether a month or two months to cover me whilst I was selling one of the vehicles.

Sorry, but the quality of service that I have received from Adrian Flux is nothing short of appalling, bar the lady who put everything right for me. I would advise everyone to read very carefully the policy documents (which everyone should, but many don't) before agreeing to take on a new policy. This actually takes me on to another gripe, which is that they are very keen to get you to agree to a new policy over the phone, and they didn't understand why I wanted to read the policy document first =- indeed, I had to request it 3 times!!!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Brierley said:
I asked them for confirmation that 'off-roading' was covered, and they confirmed that it was. I then asked to see the policy document before going ahead, and the policy document clear stated that off-roading was excluded. I called them back about this and they confirmed that off-roading was covered, so I asked them to confirm this in writing to me . They refused to provide written confirmation, so I asked them for written confirmation from the insurance company directly . They then advised me that the insurance company had also declined to put anything in writing. Now you may wish to call me sceptical, but I really wouldn't fancy my chances of making a successful claim for off-road damage, when the insurance policy specifically excluded this activity. If I had the time I would take this up with the insurance ombudsman as a clear case of miss-selling.
Andrew, I agree, insurance is such a nightmare! Which insurance underwriter was it that specifically excluded off road use?

I deal with Flux as a necessary evil. I find that there are only two underwriters that will cover modified 4x4's; Highways, and Equity Redstar. Flux isn't the only broker that offers on road and off road cover on the same policy, and by off road I mean private land, not byways or UCR's. I recently had a fun conversation with a broker, where I asked him to clarify what he meant by a "green lane", that took a few phone calls back and forth between the underwriter, him and me :roll:

Scott said:
Andrew, I agree, insurance is such a nightmare! Which insurance underwriter was it that specifically excluded off road use?

I deal with Flux as a necessary evil. I find that there are only two underwriters that will cover modified 4x4's; Highways, and Equity Redstar. Flux isn't the only broker that offers on road and off road cover on the same policy, and by off road I mean private land, not byways or UCR's. I recently had a fun conversation with a broker, where I asked him to clarify what he meant by a "green lane", that took a few phone calls back and forth between the underwriter, him and me :roll:

The Highway policy was the problem one. Section 7 of General Exclusions (page 38) states "The insured car being used on any form of race track, de-restricted toll road (including the Nurburgring) or off-road activity." I have the policy document on .pdf format, but haven't worked out how to load it here. If anyone knows how to do it, I'm happy to email the document to them

Happy to report that i have never had any issues with getting insurance thru Mr Flux ...

my current cover includes breakdown, windscreen, keys, personal belongings, personal injury, protected no claims, and zero excess (and the usual legal fees etc ) .... all for £465 ..

this is for my 96 petrol 80 series ... :clap:

Insured A1ALL from today, off for MOT in half hour. Agreed value £6.5k £250 excess £230 premium, I am satisfied with Mr Flux yet again. Rang NorCounty, best price without AV £294!!

Pics and MOT report to follow. !st MOT for 4 years!!

Andy :thumbup:

best of luck with the MOT

My premiun went up three weeks ago, to £245 fully comp, agreed value £3000, with £200 excess all covered with Equity Red Star.

Well, I can only say that Adrian Flux goes from 'bad' to 'bloody awful'! I had a call with them today for a change of vehicle on Saturday. I started off in a very happy mood, but by the end of the call I could have bitten someones arm off. Why?

1. The girl rattled information at me like a machine gun, and was very unhappy when I asked her to slow down (6 or 7 times!). I deal with contracts day in/day out, but I really could not understand what she was saying
2. She refused to answer my questions, but simply repeated to me to same information over and over again
3. and this takes the biscuit... they would have to change insurance companies (fine!), but she refused to send to me the new insurance policy document. Her answer was that she would send a letter with the main terms, and that I would get the policy document after I had paid the new premium. So, in essence, buy the product that we want to sell you, but don't ask to see all the terms and conditions!!!!!!
4. I asked to speak with her manager to see if we could resolve matters, but un-surprisingly 'no-one was available'.

Now bearing in mind the problems that I have had with Adrian Flux in the past where their telesales folk have misrepresented the real terms of the insurance (see a couple of posts below this one), do they really believe that I would buy an insurance policy without checking it?????

The Highway policy was the problem one. Section 7 of General Exclusions (page 38) states "The insured car being used on any form of race track, de-restricted toll road (including the Nurburgring) or off-road activity." I have the policy document on .pdf format, but haven't worked out how to load it here. If anyone knows how to do it, I'm happy to email the document to them

This is interesting because I have just got a quote from another company who recommended a Highway policy. I had also asked for off road use. I do not have a policy document, only the summary. I will ask them to confirm in writing that it covers off road use and see what happens.

Andrew you could photograph the document and post it on the forum , personally i photocopy them first so i can blank out personal details then scan them on to com so i can post it .

Back