Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

And I thought it was only a LR thing

David

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Was having a check round this morning and found a wheel bearing on the way out,deep joy. so have ordered a koyo bearing and gen seals from Simon. so is that the way forward? Toyota wanted over 200 quid for a gen bearing, what planet are they on

Last edited:
Which bearing? I have replaced both fronts in last 2 years with genuine

Drivers side shed loads of play in it

Front one? Replaced that in July 2012 with a koyo one same as Toyota and new Toyota cv joint. Inner two seals Toyota, but outer one was from milners. . .got local garage to press old one out and new one in

Last edited:
Is it deffo wheel bearing and not the lower ball joint, they can introduce massive amounts of play when they are about to go.

Lower ballpoints on both sides replaced last September with gen Toyota at Toyota dealers in Elgin. What about upper joint, that's original

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't see any play in any ball joints tbh i have had a bar in there

Yes Andy it is the front one from 2012 thats a fair amount of off road miles, maybe full of sand lol

Both sides were noisy when they went bad, but you have chunkier tyres so probably can't hear it. Yeah suppose it's done quite a few off-road miles, but I would have thought it would last more than the 25k miles it's done?

Back