Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another suspension Q - what springs?

whereisgibson

Right. I know it's unusual but.

I want to upgrade the quality of my suspension without actually getting any higher up. :shock:

Sadly my life involves multistory carparks, and already i'm having my passengers scream "WHOOOAH!" whenever I steam into a <2m lot.

So. I've had good results with Konis in the past so am looking at the raids. But in a past life of fast cars, one had to match the shock to the spring. Hence the question.

What are good springs to match uprated shocks? Not looking for heavy duty, or talller springs etc. Should I just call Mr Toyota and be done with it, or are there any gems out there that are progressive etc? Again I'm not looking at new granite bumpers, iron winches, or triple 40" tyres at the back, or anything that puts the weight of the vehicle into HGV territory. Just normal weight, with hopefully a little less crashing around.

What says internet wisdom?

Sounds like a job for Ironman. B setup.

There isn't that much in terms of lift and in relation to ride, it's remarkable how unremarkable it is. Just nice. Feels like really good quality factory suspension.

Chris

Martin,
I'm sure there's nothing wrong with buying replacement items from Toyota if you want to keep it stock. But I confidently predict it will be much more expensive than the aftermarket items and the aftermarket suppliers also offer different options (heavy duty, taller lift etc).

IIRC Milner offers a stock height replacement spring - what shock this will match with, I have no idea. Most of the bigger aftermarket suspension sets (OME, Ironman, TJM etc) offer a stock height replacement and presumably have matched shocks to go with the springs. Look on their respective websites for the specs.

Cheers,

Having had the Milner springs, I would describe them as errm, let me see, ahh yes - awful.

Chris

Old Man Emu do a replacement standard hight spring. You could keep the standard shocks. They should be about £65 each.

Paul

Back