Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone here that deals in cars that can give me a written valuation?

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

As the title says, I'm looking for a few written valuations from car dealers for my 80 (I need to include the VIN on the valuation). I need this for the import permits required to send it back to South Africa.

So if there is anyone here that can help please let me know. Webuyanycar.com reckons its worth £1500.00:laughing-rolling:

Cheers
Ryan

Hey Stu,

I was speaking to the guys at Springbok imports. They mentioned because I hold dual citizenship I can ship it over duty free. Either way I wont the value to be shown low. But they take care of the valuation on the SA side. However for the permit I still need three UK valuations.

i did find a really good company for it but cant find in my history as i delete in work.
A petrol 80 is always going to worth next to nothing in the uk why not just take it to a couple of dealers give them a drink to write out what there book price is for it. bet that wouldnt cover the cost of your shocks but they dont need to know that...
i dont think it makes any difference if you have dual citizenship as long as you are moving to SA on a perminant resindency. I am english and my wife is SA and we can take 1 car over with us no worries. was trying to get more and see how much to take more over but they say NO. i think a 80 petrol would make alot of money sold over there to be fair.

stu

Hey Ryan - chat to Wisemoves and they will sort you out. When I did it, ITAC only required 3 basic quotes - i.e. a rough scribble on an official looking piece of paper was fine. Obviously you want low numbers for duty reasons. Very straight-forward.

PS: Dual nationality has nothing to do with it. You DO need SA citizenship or nationality or the improt process becomes a lot more complex. As a SA citizen, it's pretty straight-forward. You can bring in a max of 3 cars. No such thing as duty free but for one of the vehicles, if owned for more than 12 months prior to importation, you can get part of the duty waived (ad valorem tax, whatever that's for) VAT and import duty you have to pay no matter what. Hence the need to have low valuations.

Hi Andrew
i have been looking around for a while and can only see your allowed 1 vehicle can you post a link that you can get 3 in as that would make me rethink some things and force my wife into a 80 if i can prize her from her BMW.

cheers stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I spoke to the guys at springbok and he mentioned something about having the duty waived based on having both a SA and UK passport. I may have misunderstood though.

Stu you should email the guys at springbok imports. He also mentioned you can bring back up to 3 vehicles.

I managed to argue out of giving 3 quotes. Only showed them the original purchase invoice in the end.. Although I'm sure it will be a bit different if you are shipping it over!

i have been looking around for a while and can only see your allowed 1 vehicle can you post a link that you can get 3 in
All I can say is you've been looking in the wrong places, Stu:icon-razz: If in doubt, contact the authorities rather than import/export companies.

From ITAC's own website
To returning South African residents and nationals. The returning resident
or national may import his/her used or second-hand passenger vehicle or LDV for
a maximum of three vehicles per person in possession of a valid drivers license,
if he/she returns permanently to the RSA after a minimum uninterrupted period of
absence of no less than six months working, studying or conducting research
abroad. It is also required that the vehicle be registered in the name of the
returning resident/national for the minimum uninterrupted corresponding period
of six months (working etc.) referred to above, prior to the return.

Just bear in mind ITAC are the guys that give you the import permit, so are only concerned that you meet the nationality and ownership criteria. The real ball-ache is the SARS clearance which involves the valuations and taxes/duties based thereon. Remember the waiving of some duties as discussed above depends on ownership of that vehicle for 12 months. I'm sure I wrote this all somewhere on the site when I was going through this process in 2012:whistle:

Ryan, did you come right with this?

I am about to start the process of getting all my ducks in a row to get my 80 out to SA and so have been reading all i can. I am not sure how much space is left in a 20ft container once you squeeze an 80 in but need to measure it all out.

Back