Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big flaps

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
Now you all know I like to keep my motor clean, well, after removing the side steps I'm quite suprised at how dirty the lower half of the front and rear doors are getting, basically the Std flaps are useless and I was wondering if it's a simple job to make up some longer and slightly wider ones, I've trawled the net looking for an upgrade but no joy ! I've still got some new LR ones in the garage that I was going to use on the back of my series LR before I sold it. Also having the spacers on the wheels makes them too wide for the Std flaps ! any Ideas ??

Nick.

When I had my pajero a couple of years back someone on the POCUK forum used to make larger flaps with the wire on to stop them doubling back under the wheel , take a look on their site there might be the pics still on ?

Big flaps :shock:

Had me worried for a minute

Graham

Graham said:
Big flaps :shock:

Had me worried for a minute

Graham

Ditto. :shock:

Thought I'd logged on to the wrong forum for minute....

Why? What other forums are you on then ;)

:D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I knew big flaps would grab someones attention, and look which ones of you turned up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
I knew big flaps would grab someones attention, and look which ones of you turned up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick.

Whats this about picking a colour :clap: :clap: :clap:
And while reversing, made me chuckle :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EvilEd said:
Pick a colour...

As said, fit a wire behind so they can't tuck up when reversing.

EE

Graham

I made some for one of my old LRs using old conveyor belt.
Very hard wearing and long lasting but still need chain or wire.

Big flaps are now fitted, I cut some up that were destined for a series landrover, they're 3" longer and bolted to the back of the Std ones using a black metal strip across the top, shouldn't have an issue with them catching when reversing as they're held in position by the OEM flaps. I need a dab of black paint applying to the bolts though to blend them in !

P210211_1616.jpg

P210211_1615_01.jpg

P210211_1615.jpg

Hey soon you'll be able to fix all of your own stuff. Instead of coming round here at dawn's crack, knocking my Missus up on a Sunday.

Tidy job.

C

Even tidied my garage up today, and fitted the LED side light bulbs, also ordered more LED side bayonet bulbs for spots, they look really yellow now at the side of all the LEDs !

Nick.

Back