Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can anyone find this thread...

nathanrobo

guys, I remember a couple of years ago, somebody posted a thread with pics of a cylinder head being taken off a 100 series. The cross hatching (honing) was still very visible on the bores. The thread mentioned that it took two to lift the head off.

Ring a bell? I've been searching for the last hour for the thread, but can't see it :-(

Wasn't it 'BAT21' replacing the block on his '80' ??

I seem to recall some interesting pictures of his camshaft . . . . :eusa-whistle:.

Bob.

Hmm... I found those threads. But they weren't the ones I was looking for. I remember pictures of bores from a truck that had done quite high miles (over 300K from memory) - the pics showed that the honing still in good shape - with cross hatching really visible.

Wasn't it on ih8mud? I seem to remember reference being made to it recently though I can't remember by who. It was on the thread about using EGR cleaner that broke the lands off the Pistons.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I took some pics of my bores but the engine had only done about 145,000 miles. 80 not 100.

I took some pics of my bores but the engine had only done about 145,000 miles. 80 not 100.

Frank, I was certain that it was a 100 series that had done over 300k miles. Anyway, i pulled off my head a week or so ago. I was trying to remove the injector seats, using a split collet type tool, prior to reinstalling my injectors and a bit broke off the end of the tool, which I suspected might have gone into no3 bore. Anyway head off and honing looks like new (over 120K miles on the clock) - pretty impressive!

Back