Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dobinson rear springs constant load?

Jockyboy

Country Flag
australia
Hello all.

i got 4inchlift on my 80s they sent me wrong rear coil springs and I cannot get refund from eBay paypal e.t.c.

they sent me a constant load of 150kg. I have a dual wheel carrier does two tyres, a long range fuel tank all in weighs around135kg. The rear sits 2 inches lower than the back. Will I need 350kg heavy duty constant load to make it sit right. maybe drawers one day

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
This is it before see it sits high at rear.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
If not have you thought about airbags,they sit inside the coil springs we used to fit them to diahatsu fortracks for farmers to tow the trailers fully loaded and not have the rears sat on there areses

If not have you thought about airbags,they sit inside the coil springs we used to fit them to diahatsu fortracks for farmers to tow the trailers fully loaded and not have the rears sat on there areses

Seems like throwing good money after bad to me , take them out and replace them with the correct springs would be what i would do .

That's what I was thinking Shane. Just getting new springs same ones mate just more of a heavier load. These new springs got on have only been on 2 months can sell them put money towards new springs.
will a constant heavy duty heavier load Spring 350kg hold it higher. With it sagging so much.

thinks air bags are pretty expensive.

I have a 40mm spacer on top of my heavy duty rear springs to get the look i want but i drive a swb 90 series and i had them made , not an ideal solution but i couldn't find +2" hd springs to fit . My truck doesn't weigh nearly as much as an 80 though .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mind you when my suspension was new i was a bit pissed to see it sag after a long weekend away carrying a few tools , not major weight either . When i got home i removed the tools and jacked it up for 24 hours which restored the height and i have never had the same problem again despite carrying those same tools nearly all the time .

Back