Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electrical issues 105 series 1999

Richard Davies

Country Flag
australia
I am having odd electrical issues. the new issues is the fuel, taco and speedo gauges flicker. They flicker at a rapid rate from 0 to max. But it is intermittent. Also power windows have stopped working plus central locking. Replaced master switch, still not working. Checked voltage at plug and only have 7 volts

Have you checked the voltage at the alternator and fuse box and battery ? Does the voltage change when the cars running ?

checked voltage at batteries while engine running is 13.9v checked all fuses, all reading 12 volts. Alternator 3 months old.

Hi Richard,

Nothing worse than an intermittent fault.
Why did the alternator need replacing ?

Rock

Hi Richard,

Nothing worse than an intermittent fault.
Why did the alternator need replacing ?

Rock
It wasn't charging anymore. It was the original alternator. It got so bad that none of the instruments worked or lights. Once replaced all was ok. Thanks for you interest. Much appreciated.

It wasn't charging anymore. It was the original alternator. It got so bad that none of the instruments worked or lights. Once replaced all was ok. Thanks for you interest. Much appreciated.
I still have the on going issues and checked so many areas that have been suggested. Still have tried to resolve issues but dont get why no windows work or why my gauges flicker. I guess I will just have to save up for an auto electrician. But I will keep trying till then thanks everyone for the advice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back