Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'Fiery' MY 98 SWB 3.0TD GX Colorado

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my first two trucks that lead me to here today owning a Toyota Land cruiser :)

'Shaky' a 94MY Suzuki Vitara 1.6 JLX SE limited edition called a Bushwacker (3" SL, 2" BL & 31" Cooper STT's) :)

After.jpg

P1010432.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010456.jpg

Removed the good bits & scrapped the rest to buy :arrow:

'Snowy' an 01MY Suzuki Vitara 1.9 JXTD commercial (3" SL, 3" BL & 31" Cooper STT's) :)

1.jpg

P5160042.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Sold her a couple of months ago & used the money to buy :arrow:

'Fiery' MY 98 SWB 3.0TD GX Colorado in red :)

P8070092.jpg

P8080101.jpg

P8070093.jpg

P8080106.jpg

P8080103.jpg

P8080104.jpg

No mods over standard as yet other than a set of 265/75/16 Avon Ranger A/T's :)

I'll keep you informed once I've made my mind up what to do for the best :? :D ;)

lovely car - i really do like the SWB colorado....
and great shot of the zuk perched on the hump!

Thank you for all your replies :D

Ordered an Ironman 2" suspension lift & a snorkel today from West Coast 4x4 :D 6 to 8 week delivery on the Ironman kit though :doh: Never mind patience is a virtue & the snorkel will be with me next week so some progress can be made :D I'll stick up some picks when it's on :thumbup:

Poped along to my local Motor Factors today and picked up a couple of Town & Country front seat covers in Grey (the new ones with the elasticated back panels), a set of foot well mats, a 1Kg powder fire extinguisher & an amplified internal radio aerial :)

P8140107.jpg

Seat covers
P8140110.jpg

P8140108.jpg

Mats
P8140111.jpg

P8140109.jpg

Fire extinguisher
P8140114.jpg

Aerial (not yet finished :) )
P8140115.jpg

I've also ordered the matching Town & country rear seat cover & a floaty ball compass on a sucky base should be with me next week :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I removed the spare wheel cover & to my surprise there's an alloy under it :o :D Why cover it up :?: :? :!: So shall be eBaying the cover & have removed the spare & droped it @ the local powder coaters as it's a tad scabby also ordered a new centre wheel cap from the main stealers to fit when I get it back :D

P8070093.jpg

P8140116.jpg

P8190120-1.jpg

I went along to my local Yota dealers yesterday & picked up the bits I'd ordered last week :) New centre wheel cap, new fuse box cover & a drink cup holder lid :D

I got the new centre wheel cap to fit to the spare when it comes back from the powder coaters but thought I'd pop it into one of the wheels on the truck to get a piccy :) I've also had a can of paint colour matched & mixed to paint all of the existing four centre wheel caps :)

P8190125.jpg

P8190127.jpg

I've also fitted the new fuse box cover :)

Before
P8190135.jpg

After
P8190136.jpg

And the new drinks holder lid :D Start as you mean to go on ;)

Before
P8190129.jpg

After
P8190130.jpg

I also picked up a Ring multi way 12volt power outlet with a built in battery monitor that fits neatly into a slot in the centre console :thumbup:

P8190132.jpg

P8190133.jpg

Oh nearly forgot I've also made a start on trying to get my RED back :D

You can see here that I've T-Cut & Polished the rear door, compared to the rear quater panel :D It actually looks worse than it is in the photo but does seem to come back with no to much effort :D :thumbup:

P8190121.jpg

Steve if you dont mind me asking how much was the cupholder lid as i would like to replace my busted one.

Joe

how much was the cupholder lid as i would like to replace my busted one
It was £19.31 + VAT :D

The fuse box lid was £8.36 + VAT and the wheel hub cap was £26.11 + VAT :shock: :D

cheers not too expensive then
Think that you've hit the nail on the head there :) As you say not too expensive but not good value either :| The price of all three of these items did make me gulp a bit :o But Hey-Ho in for a penny in for a pound :D

nice work mate. with regards to red paint, the best results i have ever got on one of my old pink/red cars was to use a clay bar followed by g3 and a machine polish, cut it back and then treat with a finishing wax to build a nice layer of protection. also i would get a padlock or somesort of locking wheel nut on your spare mate as some thieving gippo will have it off in a minute ;)

Mark Meggy said:
nice work mate. with regards to red paint, the best results i have ever got on one of my old pink/red cars was to use a clay bar followed by g3 and a machine polish, cut it back and then treat with a finishing wax to build a nice layer of protection. also i would get a padlock or somesort of locking wheel nut on your spare mate as some thieving gippo will have it off in a minute ;)

You do know he is in Essex you could leave your doors open all night :lol: :lol:

Joe

Fitted the Safari Snorkel on Saturday :D

Took me 6hrs from start to finish with the tidy up & a shower :o :) Instructions said 2hrs :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

P8210198.jpg

P8210195.jpg

Mark Meggy said:

Once you cut the paint back, it's important to get a sealer on as Mark says above. I'd suggest one of those coloured polishes as the red will continue to fade. The Toyo red of the era was about as colour fast as that red sock in with your best white shirt! There is an MR2 near us that's positively pink now, it's faded so much.

One tip, wear some gloves when using the coloured polish - it stains your hands for day otherwise. :roll:

Nice looking truck :thumbup:

Once you cut the paint back, it's important to get a sealer on as Mark says above
I've now given Fiery a light T-Cut all over & a polish with MER :thumbup: She looks alot better for it so maybe another T-Cutting in the future when more time is to hand :D

Back