Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'Fiery' MY 98 SWB 3.0TD GX Colorado

I got around to painting the wheel centre caps in the last couple of days :D

Before
P8190125.jpg

After
P8260199.jpg

P8260200.jpg

I also finished installing the internal boosted radio aerial & it works a treat so very pleased with that :thumbup: :D

P8260207.jpg

And my sucky bottom floaty ball compass came just in time for my next extream Essex, Herts borders greenlane trip :thumbup: :lol:

P8260208.jpg

Oh & picked up my spare wheel from the powder coaters :thumbup:

P8260201.jpg

sae70 said:
I also finished installing the internal boosted radio aerial & it works a treat so very pleased with that :thumbup: :D

P8260207.jpg
This is of interest... Speak more of this item please... :ugeek:

And refrain from sticking any more tosh to your windscreen :naughty:

:cool: :lol:

lol @ GP. Nice powder coating work and centre caps look good too. What did u plug your bonnet aerial hole with?

Gav Peter said:
sae70 said:

P8260207.jpg
This is of interest... Speak more of this item please..
Its just an internal screen mounted boosted FM radio aerial so I can listen to the radio while out laneing without the risk of snapping my external aerial off :D

They just stick to the inside of the screen (I guess you could stick them to one of the rear windows & just extened the wiring & coax if you didn't want it in the front screen) I've then earthed it with one of the rear view mirrow screws & run/tucked the coax & power conection into the head-lining across the top of the screen towards the passenger side down behind the 'A' post trim & then along behind the glove box (this was easy as the glove box just pulls out) :D Then just unpluged the existing OEM (what does OEM stand for :?: :? :) ) aerial & plugged in the boosted one. I've then connected the power/feed wire for the boosted aerial to the electric aerial comand wire (blue I think) so that the booster is only powered up when the radio is on :thumbup:

It works really well & I get all of the stations that I want (R1, R2, Classic, BBC Essex, Magic etc) & more importantly I can listen to the radio while off road without the risk of snapping my OEM (there's that abbreviation again :? ) aerial :thumbup:

One word of warning though the first one that I fitted was 5H17 :roll: It turned out to be fubard & so not working correctly :evil: So if you do get one rig it up on a temp job to make sure it's working before fully installing it :mrgreen:

Oh & the other thing it was £9.99 :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
FYI, OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer :D

Nice job for a tenner Steve - my aerial is suffering at the moment so this might prove a good replacement...

Sorry had to nip off :) My uncle turned up on his new motorbike :drool: :D

Gav Peter said:
And refrain from sticking any more tosh to your windscreen
Surely your not talking about my floaty ball compass for extream night time navigation are you :?: :D ;)

Mark Meggy said:
Nice powder coating work and centre caps look good too
Thank you :D

Mark Meggy said:
What did u plug your bonnet aerial hole with?
Nothing :!: I've just sprayed the mast with GT85 & have pushed it down for the rest of its life :twisted: :D ;)

Don't forget:

OP - original poster
IIRC - If I remember correctly
AFAIK - As far as I know
IMHO - in my humble opinion
SWMBO - she who must be obeyed (aka the missus, etc.)

More available here: http://www.internetslang.com/

Thanks for the slang links :thumbup: That'll keep me on top of things as the kids grow up :D

I've refitted my gearstick now after filling it with mastic to stop the rattle :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8066

P9090424.jpg

While all of the centre console was apart I hard wired my Ring 12volt multiway socket into the rear of the OEM 12volt power socket to tidy up the wiring :D

Before
P8190133.jpg

After
P9090424.jpg

Had a couple of parts sent to me from Mr Rubie :D An air intake hose as mine is perished & split & a second pig tail tow hook to enable speedy bridle connection up the front end :thumbup: Cheers Ian :D

P9090425.jpg

P9090429.jpg

P9090428.jpg

Didn't finish fitting the pig tail as the existing bolts are to short so will need to get some longer ones.

P9090437.jpg

sae70 said:
Had a couple of parts sent to me from Mr Rubie :D An air intake hose as mine is perished & split & a second pig tail tow hook to enable speedy bridle connection up the front end :thumbup:

P9090425.jpg

Hmm that intake hose looks familiar - it made its way from Dubai to the UK in my backpack :whistle:

Andrew Prince said:
Hmm that intake hose looks familiar - it made its way from Dubai to the UK in my backpack :whistle:
Thank you :D

After nearly a 14 week wait Fiery's Ironman suspension lift arrived from Oz via WestCoast Off-Road centre & so without delay I've fitted it :D

Photo of Fiery before the lift :)

P8080102-1.jpg

Photos of Fiery after the lift :D

PA220682.jpg

PA220683.jpg

More photos & information here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9081

Back