Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fridges

The way I would look at it is:
Spend £500 & know that it will do what you want
or
Spend £225 & not be completely happy with it and then spend another £500 & kick yourself for not spending the £500 initially

And it might be difficult explaining to the boss that you only got the cheap one to keep her happy and its her fault really that you now need to spend another 500!!!

good argument Andy! :clap:

and after all its "my" money not the bosses! ;)

So simple, taking only minutes to get a single beer out. How would I manage without one of those!!

Trust me, I'd manage!

C

Jon has something similar actually.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok so long as you don't die of thirst while you twiddle all those knobs to get it out :) Something you might not think about looking at these things but it will be quite heavy duty construction and so pretty heavy, like 20-25kg according to my arm scales for the Platinum drop slide.

Perhaps he should have got two cokes out while he was at it. I think he actually put the bottle back in the fridge! Well never mind, only a couple of mins and he be able to get his first sip. As long as he has a bottle opener that comes out of the dashboard on a mechanical arm powered by two oxen in a wheel mounted on the roof.

Chris

Make that 36kg according to Expedition Portal (for the Platinum) I'm assuming the load spotter will be similar, might even be more with all those knobs :lol: I got mine when the fridge was much higher up but I'm going to switch back to a normal one when I get round to it now it's lower down.

Hi All

It seems that it is the ambition of some people to make life as complicated as posable.

One rule of camping expedition travel is

:thumbup: KEEP IT SIMPLE :thumbup:

That is the type of Accessory (maybe liability) by the type of people who walk into a 4x4 preparation garage with £30k in there hot little hand and say "I want to go on an expedition" have fitted.

I have wasted some money over the years believe me on trucks but older and a lot wiser now.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

I think that the idea of a fridge lifter is a good one, per se in order to max your space and still be able to get to the fridge and the space behind it, but that one was more complicated than it needed to be. An example of nice engineering principle and build with little concept of end use.

Chris

Jon Wildsmith said:
Ok so long as you don't die of thirst while you twiddle all those knobs to get it out :) Something you might not think about looking at these things but it will be quite heavy duty construction and so pretty heavy, like 20-25kg according to my arm scales for the Platinum drop slide.
I also thought the steelwork, looked almost as heavy as the fridge.

Looks too much fiddles, and things to break or drop off.

Graham

well struck a deal with "the boss"
i will get her a new fridge freezer for house, and myself one for the landcruiser! (which will probably cost more!)
as our kitchen fridge/freezer is 14yrs old and in last week the compressor is running nearly constantly, and looks like the refrigerant liquid has weeped out of some joints, guess that is the cause.

Re: Fridges -12v socket

do the waeco fridges come with a normal cigarette plug or a DIN one?

mine came with a din plug with an adapter on the end so it will work in a cig socket as well.

Normal ciggie plug plus a 240 moulded three pin. Both plug into different sockets in the fridge.
They aren't wired internally so that you can always swap the lead if it's not long enough or gets damaged for example.

Chris

And a gas pipe Gav...

C

Absofeckinlutely - did you like the tmesis there BTW? :ugeek:

Back