Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

greetings all

Seagull-russ

Country Flag
uk
hi all

my name is Russell, from sunny Berkshire in south uk.

currently own a landcruiser 120 lc5 2003, previously had a jeep grand Cherokee which was my 1st 4x4, loved it but just needed too much repairing.

1st mod iv done is get a 2in lift kit but that needs fixing after the garage did a bodge job on one side. lots of plans but as iv never actually been off road yet I think I need start there and get my feet dirty heh.

was recommended to join up from trevor in freedom 4x4 so here I am.

thanks all
Russ

Welcome Russ i'm liking the phrase "1st mod" because it suggests there will be plenty more to follow :thumbup:

Welcome, i'm sure youll get it muddy soon enough!

Welcome Russ. Good to have you aboard. [emoji4]

cheers guys, yup quite a few mods planned out, when they happen is a different matter lol

cheers guys, yup quite a few mods planned out, when they happen is a different matter lol

Welcome Russ! :thumbup:

Hey, don't be in too much of a hurry, the mud can wait mate. Best get the truck in proper shape first, half a rig will be more trouble than it's worth.

Tyres are expensive, and all too often I see trucks with almost bald road biased tyres. It's dangerous, especially if you do any sort of climbing, mud and grass.

Ideally, two sets of wheels is best, with two types of tyres to best match what you intend. But one set of good ATs has to be first on your list IMO.

Have fun, on the slippery slope :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi clive, yup thanks forgot I brought tyres when I got the car as they were on the limit.. had do that most my cars strangely so doesn't come under as a mod in my head, I have the grabbers at2.

hi clive, yup thanks forgot I brought tyres when I got the car as they were on the limit.. had do that most my cars strangely so doesn't come under as a mod in my head, I have the grabbers at2.

Good choice Russ, I ran them for ages before I could get them to wear out! Good all rounders, but take care on rocky stretches, the sidewalls are their weakest part.

Welcome. We have a club trip planned end of April at Salisbury if you fancy it then you will have experienced people to help you in the quest to get muddy.

sounds good.. is that the last weekend? got couple things planned last week of april as off work :)

Back