Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HD-FT overland build - Brenda the devastator

Very smart indeed HW. I think I'd soon smash those front lights, but you're a bit more gentle on your truck than I am methinks!

The sliders look great as does the whole truck :thumbup:

Thanks a lot It's slowly starting to take shape. Someone asked what I'll do when it's finished... I don't think I'll get to that point for a while.

Cracking job
Best sliders out there
Ahem..
Easily...
You got a mention in Wales from my kids "This roof tent that Chris invented is amazing" I was relegated to the lower section on a bloody uncomfortable cot.
The steps are gonna really help with the packing away times I reckon.

IMG_2535.JPG
Mine is Blue but not that shiny.

Aa
View attachment 105162 Mine is Blue but not that shiny.

Nice Where are you in that picture ? Is that the South Island ?
I'm just leaving NZ back to work for a month after freezing to death in Dunedin for 2 weeks and replacing all the sensors on my Subaru to stop it lurching (I told her she should have let me buy another 80 on this side of the planet)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now what?

It's the hoops on the winch bumper. I've had no luck at all finding a place that would bend 76mm tube
The quote requests I've sent have been either ignored or astronomical. 800 quid being the worst!!
Now it's gonna be lake the jdm ones with plate ... Not chrome though of course.

image.jpeg
Well after getting over the jet lag I've had a productive day .
12 volt start installed (but no spilt charge as yet) I was lucky in that the signal wire didn't need any modification at all and the car didn't burst into flames either ... Did I mention I hate electrics ?
Then after trying to get the fabricator to speak to the powder coater an have everything ready at once, I realised I was asking to much. So no bulbar build this time . Everything is there but some tube needs coating. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

My goodness, the risers on that bull bar look mighty close to the grille/headlamps.

I think I'd want a little more clearance than that. JMHO.

Nice job though HW :thumbup:

My goodness, the risers on that bull bar look mighty close to the grille/headlamps.

I think I'd want a little more clearance than that. JMHO.

Nice job though HW :thumbup:

Cheers.

I'm gonna edge them forward so at the closest there will be an inch between the body and the risers.
The risers themselves are going to be bolted to some 2"square towing receivers that are in turn bolted into the bumper mounts.
Not that I'm ever going to deliberately submerge myself in mud but ...I've noticed that most recovery points under the bumper are probably a pain to get to if you're bogged in mud or sand...

Top quality fabbing.

Cheers Chris
Loads of faffing on to get the tubes bent and the brush bars on to come.
I know now why Arb and the like are expensive it's a real £&@" on getting stuff made. Doesn't help trying to do it long distance.
Drive her today for no other reason than I know I won't again till November
Damn these cruisers are addictive.

Tell me about it. And I only make side steps! Custom design with quality finish is not something easy to get done. That's why I went of the off the shelf stuff this time around.

Tell me about it. And I only make side steps! Custom design with quality finish is not something easy to get done. That's why I went of the off the shelf stuff this time around.

Those steps are the best mod on the truck I would never have been able to do them. Yeah I'm sticking to my "with the least amount of Arb stuff as possible" but frankly I don't think I've saved a penny. Well today is the last day of tinkering before I fly and onto the less satisfying stuff

image.jpeg

Cheers.

I'm gonna edge them forward so at the closest there will be an inch between the body and the risers.
The risers themselves are going to be bolted to some 2"square towing receivers that are in turn bolted into the bumper mounts.
Not that I'm ever going to deliberately submerge myself in mud but ...I've noticed that most recovery points under the bumper are probably a pain to get to if you're bogged in mud or sand...

That will do nicely IMO.

When I'm on runs where deep mud is likely (not always predictable though) I bring the winch line (on a strop) up onto the bar and I've some anchors higher up at chassis level, for snatch-block returns.

That tends to keep my elbows and shoulders clean in muddy conditions at least, if not my hands :lol:.

Lovely build though, a pleasure to see it coming on the way it is.

Hmmm, I could with a set of those sliders, how might I get some info ....... ?

Back