Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HELP - broken down in Spain - think my transfer or torque converter has let go

Sounds like bit of a mare Lorin,

2 ideas from me, get to a truck stop and look for a brit trucker heading back north and see if they could ferry across the border to france or maybe one of the many companies driving vans between the UK and Spain could help out?

On the way back from Morocco last year Byron and I camped at a truck stop and first thing in the morning loads of hunters were in for breakfast beer with little trailers for the dogs, maybe someone with a set up like that could ferry you across the border?

Hi Lorin,

I'm a Dog Listener, work in Canine Communication, I'm linked into an International network of professionals, I don't know if we have anyone in Spain but I could ask for a recomended dog sitter or boarding oppertunities in the local area if it'd help (it'd be the first place I'd ask if I were in your shoes). Hope you get sorted!

Thanks for the suggestions :thumbup: I have to confess to a bit of 'not seeing the wood for trees'. Thankfully this has now be addressed/pointed out and we now have an entirely workable and somewhat obvious plan/solution. I will simply hire a car in Spain, leaving out the bit about the dog, and then use it to run my wife and dog over the border to Perpignon. I will then drop the car back in Spain and catch a train to join them. From there, it is in relative terms, plain sailing :icon-biggrin: Big thanks to Toby and Ian.

Hey Lorin,

Sorry to hear about the rotten luck - glad it's all being sorted though.

Just a heads up about tomorrow evening that the forum will be down until probably friday mid-day or so. And you thought things could not get worse :icon-rolleyes:. If you need contact details from some like Dave or toolsplus etc then best get them before as PMs and obviously this thread will be OOC.

If you do need someone else's details then you could email me - admin@land..... and I'll reply with what I can.

Hope it all goes well!

Thanks for the heads up Crispin. I wouldn't have said this a few days ago but I reckon we'll cope without the forum for a day or so now. We're all sorted and on our way home.

Bloody eck! If you need a bed for the night and can put up with 3 labs (one is not freindly to other dogs but ancient) let me know!!!!! Happy to help if i can slap bang between Perigueux and Angouleme

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like bit of a mare Lorin,

2 ideas from me, get to a truck stop and look for a brit trucker heading back north and see if they could ferry across the border to france or maybe one of the many companies driving vans between the UK and Spain could help out?

On the way back from Morocco last year Byron and I camped at a truck stop and first thing in the morning loads of hunters were in for breakfast beer with little trailers for the dogs, maybe someone with a set up like that could ferry you across the border?

another option is at the truck stop, you will see for sure Polish Luton vans with sleeper pods on them. These guys move anything anywhere for good rates. Contrary to what most think they are normally quite good both price and reliability. Not perfect but just another suggestion and something I would consider in your situation.

Excellent idea, I'd feel much more at ease with that knowledge.

now i know not to waste time getting a broken 80 to a Toyota dealership

get the vehicle home or to a garage who can fix it

the best way to find a dealership is obviously on here

if any one breaks down in the Algarve get in touch with me on here

cheers

Sorry to hear that you've had problems on your trip and having problems coming back Lorin

The main problem Lorin and his partner faced was the size of their dog. 'Casey' is a lovely animal and very friendly but rather large however, Spain only allows public transport of pets with a maximum weight of 10kg, Casey made that figure pretty irrelevant :D I will leave Lorin to give you the details of their trip, it will be a good read. I am sure.
regards

Dave

Sorry to hear about all the problems this "component failure" led to. Hope you are all OK.
One question about your cruiser/transfer: Did it ever run with different size tyres front and back?

Back