Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hey, wanna see an 80 going for it? Place your bets..

Fark!!

Thats looks steep so it must have been really steep in the flesh.

Naughty word well justified!!

Anything else made it up there recently?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not that I saw Rob, but it's a big site and we were spread out a lot. Clearly something made the tracks in the first place but most people seemed to be going down rather then up. On the Sunday they brought 4 tracked APCs in. They were neat.

Another vid to come of me going up another. People tried this one, but didn't make it.

Chris

Nice Chris, gotta give it to you and patience.

Edit, Oh and was there any damage from the first hit on the bank?

Last edited:
I thought that would last 30 seconds max. Didn't expect you to be still half way up 3 minutes in.....honestly, some people just drag things out don't they! :icon-wink: :lol:

Very cool indeed - the truck seems to go as well as it looks. :cool:

No damage at all Tony from hitting THAT bank. I am learning more about the differences of live axles over IFS. There just isn't the same kind of damage potential. Not saying there isn't any - it's just different. You can give things a bit more of a smack with an axle. You don't have all that wishbone stuff going on.

You also have to remember (what with me messing around on there..) that this thing weighs nearly 3 tonnes. Wheels, winches, water tank, drawers, rack, bumpers etc etc. It's a hugely heavy thing.

Chris

No damage at all Tony from hitting THAT bank. I am learning more about the differences of live axles over IFS. There just isn't the same kind of damage potential. Not saying there isn't any - it's just different. You can give things a bit more of a smack with an axle. You don't have all that wishbone stuff going on

I have to agree. I have hit a 2 foot deep trench driving at around 50mph, made a horrible noise, Halina hit the roof and all was fine.

I was actually referring to the hit to the front offside bumper, but knowing you build skills, I very much doubt that would even have scratch the powder coat :dance:

Actually Tony, in relation to that, quite a bit of damage actually on both sides. Not from that incident particularly, but progressively over the last few trips I have rammed the bumper into the lower wing too many times. New bumper is on the cards for when I have some time. It will be uber solid. Ram proof. Poor old truck has taken a bit of a front end beating. With the body lift, it doesn't sit in the right place really. So I need to come up and get some approach angle back.

Chris

:shifty: Still very impressive bit of kit Chris. I look at your 80 now and think hmmmmm maybe just maybe that's what I want... :lol:

Chris, I reckon if you'd have removed one of your TWO compressors, with the weight saving it've have flown up chap.:icon-biggrin:

Pretty impressive for sure!!

Arf Arf, yes and half of the other kit too.

THis wasn't such hard work, but you can get more of an impression of just how far up it is to the top. Didn't see anyone else make it up here, but I know they have in the past. Took a smack or too on this hill the first time I went up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjjlNLH9_28&feature=plcp

Back