Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to clean a washer bottle?

Andrew Brierley

Country Flag
england
Both my washer bottle and the reserve bottle in the wing must have stood emply at some time, and have black/green coating on the inside. Problem is that it disintergrates slowly and the small particles block the jets. Can anyone recommend an evil chemical that I can you to desolve it all?

Many thanks

automatic washing powder -take them off , make up a thick mixture of powder +hot water ,fill up , let them soak over nite- worth a try:think:

Dishwasher tablet and boiling water. Or, shove your jet wash nozzle in there. Not sure it's easy to get an 80 bottle out without major surgery. Baby feeding bottle brush?

Chris

Denture cleaning tablets, also use them for cleaning my water jerry cans.

Put some sharp or builders sand in them and a little water, then a vigorous shaking.

Then a damned good rinse.

A great help, thanks guys. I'll give all of these a bash next weekend.

Chris, the wing bottle is fine to get out (having moved the battery/fuse box/washer bottle, three nuts and then bent it in a shape it wasn't designed for:lol:) but unfortunately too many nooks and crannies for a bottle brush.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Finally went for an evil mix of bathroom/kitchen/drain cleaners and a handful of sharp sand. Nearly exploded on me :icon-rolleyes: but worked a treat :icon-biggrin:

Back