Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I need new rear springs

Front Diff Drop done today. I dropped it about 45mm which because of the way it is mounted gives a drop of about an inch at the axles. After driving it for about a week the CV Boots seem to have held up well but I have had quite a bit of grease being pushed out of the ends of the boots. So I need to ask how would be best to go about refilling them. Had to drop the ASFIR skid plates about an inch as well to get them to clear the Front Diff Brackets. All looking very spiffing now though. I am going to see a man oabout some 35's tonight so :pray: (Can't find Fingers crossed smilie) They go somewhere near fitting without massive abounts of refabrication (I also hope they don't just slip on too easy cos that will get me thinking about 37's again. NO, STOP IT CHRISTOPHER.

Reading back through this post I think I may have to start a sepearate build thread or maybe do a write up for the My Garage section. :think:

Well guys I have been out tonight to try on some new wellies and the news is sort of ok ish.

The main problem is that the 35's I have just tried fitted really easily and it looked as if there is easily enough room to go even bigger. Having had a read up on diffs and ratios though I have made the sensible (I Think) decision to go no bigger than 35. Sooooo I am now on the look out.

It was very dark out so pics are not good but I will stick them up anyway.

2013-01-28183928.jpg

2013-01-28182431.jpg

2013-01-28182411.jpg

2013-01-28183856.jpg

2013-01-28182454.jpg

Before anyone says it I did try the front on with a rim. Just forgot to take piccies

Well that is a shock. Just opened this mornings post to find a very friendly letter from IM with a nice cheque for £146.72. RESULT me thinks.

Congrats on the cheque but it would be interesting to know ironmans excuse , if any , as to why the springs failed ? I for one would not even consider buying parts that had a lower life expectancy than my tyres .

Nice work Chris. :clap:

Did you actually measure the 35"s?

Mine say 35 on the side but actually measure nearer 33.5". Granted their pretty worn but even so.

My spare which is a BFG 35 actually measures 35", and my 37s measure a true 37". :icon-twisted:

Chris I must have missed the bit about Ironman?

I'm guessing you complained about the back springs and thats why theyve sent you a cheque? :think:

How did that work, did they have the old springs back? who sent the cheque, westcoast or ironman?

PM me if youd rather not say publicly. :icon-wink:

Nice work Chris. :clap:

Did you actually measure the 35"s?

Mine say 35 on the side but actually measure nearer 33.5". Granted their pretty worn but even so.

My spare which is a BFG 35 actually measures 35", and my 37s measure a true 37". :icon-twisted:

Chris I must have missed the bit about Ironman?

I'm guessing you complained about the back springs and thats why theyve sent you a cheque? :think:

How did that work, did they have the old springs back? who sent the cheque, westcoast or ironman?

PM me if youd rather not say publicly. :icon-wink:

TBH ben the ones I tried were 9.00x35 and measured up at just under 36" but were quite well worn. The guy whose they were said they were 36.5 when he bought them.

I rang WC (PS I really am finding it more and more difficult to reccomend them) and they basically said I have had them 2yrs and they are out of warranty. So I got in touch with IM directly via email. They were very appologetic and very helpful. I mentioned about the paintwork issue aswell. Their response was very positive. They are aware thet the coating are not good for our market and are developing a new coating for wetter markets. In regards to the springs they gave me a bit of a brush off. Basically the usual "Unfortunately there are floors in every manufacturing process and your springs must have slipped through the net.

I thought that would have been it so I was very supprised to recieve a partial refund. They have not asked for the springs back but did ask that I take some photo's of them both on and off the car. Fortunately I have taken a couple of pics before I took them off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to know IM passed over some money any way.

Gra.

Well, my C springs are going back to WC this weekend - the coating is already badly marked on the contact points after just 2 weeks on the car.

It's perhaps not relevent but if i had the springs off i think id clean them with a wire brush , paint them with etching primer and finish with that Plastidip rubber paint .

Back