Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior redesign and rebuild 2014

Thanks perfect. I take it you also have a bearing on the back of tge drawer then the 2 bearings meet each other.
Were these runners from the uk or SA.
Cheers stu

Real nice.

Noticed at the end you mentioned "anti tamper bolts" for the winch bumper, do you have any pics of these? Want some for my bumper once its fitted.

These Derek

shearbolt-group.jpg

Thanks perfect. I take it you also have a bearing on the back of tge drawer then the 2 bearings meet each other.
Were these runners from the uk or SA.
Cheers stu

Yep spot on. I definitely didn't want teflon sliders for the drawers. The runners are from a fridge slide application and have been adapted for the drawers. Sourced in SA.

I found a set of shelves in work with this set up and they were rated at 500kg each but i couldnt see how they worked very well. Will have to see what i can make up
Thanks for your help

Coming along nicely, liking the pull out table.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great work! :thumbup:

My only slight criticism (and I hope you dont take offense)............................

Is the silver hinges mounted on the outside of the black gullwing doors, would have looked much better mounted on the inside IMHO or if on the outside black hinges. :think:

Apart from that looks awesome, I love the table below the fridge slide. :icon-biggrin:

The hinges are Aluminium with plastic spacers, they cant be heat treated. They will however be plasti-koted black. Jury is till out of I actually like the whole concept though !!

Will see how they work on a trip and may develop them or change the style.

Yep had a look at those Charlie, but wasn't too keen on the fit and finish on the truck I'd seen. They had been on for only 18 months and looked 20yrs old.

They were also pre made and mine will have a number of finishing touches that can only come from being made to order. There is a guy on SA that os making a direct replacement set for R1900 per side. You provide new window rubbers and they just pop in. They weigh about 5kgs per side. Again they are pre-made and cannot be altered, but much, much cheaper than made to order!!

Very nice. Just look after for me for now Lazz. There's a good chap.

Back