Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lift sagged after one week

Jockyboy

Country Flag
australia
I got a 4 inch lift on my 80s around 10 days ago and noticed it is 1 inch lower on drivers side than passengers.i got dobinson brand springs, commando shocks iron man caster plates break lines diff breathers pan hard front rear sway bar extension bracket. Had to get bushes for

I still ill have to adjust par hard rod, and put on rear sway bar bracket could that be what's sagging it on drivers side. Lower at back cause not got extended sway bar brackets.

john:cool: image.jpg

Could the springs be 'handed' one may be longer than the other, try swapping sides and see if that corrects it.

The sway bar won't affect ride height. You can take that off and bin it if you want more flex. Most people report little difference in handling without it.

Chas has a point, it's worth checking.

Also so check that the high side spring is seated correctly, try rotating it so the but-end of the spring 'wire' locates correctly in the cup.

Front springs are handed as standard, my OME fronts were handed left/right, rear springs are not handed.

Mimage.jpeg this is left hand side passengers side 880/885. image.jpegimage.jpegRight hand side 860mm. Can check out see what you think measurements are. Checked Spring front leftis passenger and opposite drivers side

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are these measurements good for lift 4inch. I have seen some look lower. Don't know what it is meant to be.

does anyone know measurements of lift 2inch, 4 inch, 6inch always wondered about the measurements

interesting they are different. I have found all my trucks landrovers, shoguns and landcruisers all looked a bit down in one corner from time to time. It my be just something with the live axles. I guess if its not a big job swap your front springs and eliminate that theory.

It is important to measure the height on a completely level surface especially the more top heavy the car is with a lift. Even a small angle on the floor will cause a relatively big lean. Our drive slopes slightly and my 80 looks like its leaning but it's OK when tested in the garage.

The springs tend to be handed, in particular on vehicles like the 80. I recently measured my stock suspension for someone who wanted a stock reference, I found the RHS 1 inch higher then the left. Then put in around 80 litres of fuel and the car levelled so.............

regards

Dave

Back