Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 2011 Spring Get together

BIG clean GREEN said:
Cossack said:
Clunge. that's a new one on me, I can make an educated guess at what it means but I've never heard THAT one before.

You need to watch the Inbetweeners :thumbup:
I can see I need to get a life :oops: . . . . what's the Inbetweeners :confusion-confused:

That's looking like a good line up!

I'm at the point that I can't sleep. If Nick and I plan to set off any earlier, we'll be there on Thursday! I just love a good bonfire, beer and general bol****s

Speaking of which is Gary coming? :lol: :lol:

Chris

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend ... (even though we're not going)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TonyS said:
Lincomb ELCO fun challenge weekend October 9th and 10th

Since the last ELCO meeting, there have been a few suggestions made for the October meet. It will definitely be a Landcruiser only meet and will feature a variety of amusing challenges for everyone.

For those who have asked for a multi-marques meet – we now have this covered by ‘The Overlander’ meet in September; this will be more of campfire event with much less driving, though there will be an optional guided farm drive incorporating the woods.

For the new look event in October, we shall be staging a non-damaging, non-winching punch challenge and some special timed stages that everyone can take part in.

The aim of the weekend is to have as many Landcruisers as possible on site for the whole weekend in a friendly competition, so we won’t be offering guided green laning trips (these will be back on the menu for the spring 2011 meet).

The fun challenge is an informal competition with points awarded for each punch found. There is no hurry to find all of them all at once, and the special stages will be open at specified times during both days. Saturday evening will bring a difference to the usual ELCO weekend, everyone can take part in the blindfold driving special stage, which will be timed and relies on the co-driver knowing their right from their left! Points will be awarded for the special stages and these will be added to the points gained from the punch challenge.

The cost to enter is £70 for vehicle and two people, extra passengers £15 per head. This includes two days of off-roading, camping on Friday and Saturday nights, supper on Saturday night and the usual Lincomb camping facilities.

If you wish to attend as a spectator, the cost will be £15 per head for the weekend (or part thereof).

We’re aiming to make this weekend fun and relaxed, with enough variety to interest all levels of driver and vehicle ability. We hope this new format will appeal to all the Lincomb regulars and any forum members who haven’t yet made it to a Lincomb meet.

Please go here to register, http://crosscountrycourse.co.uk/page_1281260517362.html. Registration for this event closes on the 30th of September, but the number of entries is limited so please don’t leave it too late!

See you in October,
Tony, Toby & Ian :dance: :thumbup:

will you still be doing guided green lane trips on this weekend? :thumbup:

2 man tent my ar5e :snooty:

P220411_1658.jpg

P220411_1658_01.jpg

P220411_1700.jpg

Looks like I'm gonna be snug then :lol:

You got aircon in your conservatory? You didn't tell me about that! Tres posh, foh t'Cross that is.

Well who were you planning to have in there with you?

C

ben said:
TonyS said:
Lincomb ELCO fun challenge weekend October 9th and 10th

Since the last ELCO meeting, there have been a few suggestions made for the October meet. It will definitely be a Landcruiser only meet and will feature a variety of amusing challenges for everyone.

For those who have asked for a multi-marques meet – we now have this covered by ‘The Overlander’ meet in September; this will be more of campfire event with much less driving, though there will be an optional guided farm drive incorporating the woods.

For the new look event in October, we shall be staging a non-damaging, non-winching punch challenge and some special timed stages that everyone can take part in.

The aim of the weekend is to have as many Landcruisers as possible on site for the whole weekend in a friendly competition, so we won’t be offering guided green laning trips (these will be back on the menu for the spring 2011 meet).

The fun challenge is an informal competition with points awarded for each punch found. There is no hurry to find all of them all at once, and the special stages will be open at specified times during both days. Saturday evening will bring a difference to the usual ELCO weekend, everyone can take part in the blindfold driving special stage, which will be timed and relies on the co-driver knowing their right from their left! Points will be awarded for the special stages and these will be added to the points gained from the punch challenge.

The cost to enter is £70 for vehicle and two people, extra passengers £15 per head. This includes two days of off-roading, camping on Friday and Saturday nights, supper on Saturday night and the usual Lincomb camping facilities.

If you wish to attend as a spectator, the cost will be £15 per head for the weekend (or part thereof).

We’re aiming to make this weekend fun and relaxed, with enough variety to interest all levels of driver and vehicle ability. We hope this new format will appeal to all the Lincomb regulars and any forum members who haven’t yet made it to a Lincomb meet.

Please go here to register, http://crosscountrycourse.co.uk/page_1281260517362.html. Registration for this event closes on the 30th of September, but the number of entries is limited so please don’t leave it too late!

See you in October,
Tony, Toby & Ian :dance: :thumbup:

will you still be doing guided green lane trips on this weekend? :thumbup:

:?:

I don't think there are any plans to run laning trips, everything is on site again :thumbup:

As Jon has said, there are no plans to run any laning trips.

The Club has evolved quickly and there are regular laning trips being organised. The point of the Lincomb weekends is to have a good social gathering, I don't think this happens when people split into groups of 4 or 5 and go off site all day.

General feedback from the last gathering said the new format was a big improvement over the earlier gatherings.

We will be running the punch event again as well as a selection of games. Feedback given at the last gathering has been taken on board and there will be some minor tweaks.

As before you do not have to take part in any of the organised events and are welcome to pootle round the woods and farm track if you prefer.

Ian

sounds good. cheque will be in the post tomorrow. :thumbup:

Looks like i wont be able to attend now :cry:

I have contacted Tony.

Back