Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb May 3,4,5, 2013, weekend.

First lincomb

FYI M42 is murder

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It was great to meet everyone and just wish I could have stayed for the w/end maybe next time and hopefully will have the old 60 sorted a little more by then also really need to sort that 5th gear because she pulls like a train and could sit easy at 70 to 80 mph with that 5th gear anyway thanks to everyone as it's the people that make a show like this great and a big thanks Tony for a great host.

:clap:

Mike.

Hi good to see you all Mike and I had a good one and wee had a good run home Mike in the HJ60 and me in the old FJ 45 and thanks to all and a Big thanks to Tony .:clap::dance:

I again was only there for the day to deliver a drawer unit for Andy Lomas which I gashed my leg on while it was sitting on the grass, healing nicely though no amputation necessary.:lol: But it was still good to meet old friends and make new ones, but next time I will be there with the mighty red 80. Had a good journey home just as I turned off the M40 to the M25 the phone rang, a certain Saffa was on my tail,:? I went right he went left. :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Had a great weekend again, shame I couldn't stay longer today but family commitments cropped up. Huge thanks again to TonyS and team for putting up with us again. I must say a massive thanks to Dave and the scouts for the great food, well done guys, put the money towards something good, paintballing, go karts, something you can all have fun with. And thanks again to Justin for letting me ride with him next time we wont get stuck:whistle:!! Lastly thanks to Trev for putting me up in the caravan for the 2 nights. Flipping hell, that was like an acceptance speech!!!!!

Eric's Tundra got some attention :icon-cool:

IMAG1790.jpg

IMAG1791.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well thanks to everyone for a great weekend and a big thanks to Tony for letting us abuse his land and annoy his neighbours:clap:

just taken 4 hours to de-dust and clean my cruiser. Bloody sand..lol

Great weekend, thanks to Tony and all the organisers. Good conditions in the woods and had a ball even though I was supposed to be pottering. A great collection of trucks and folks as always.

Loved the trial and it was a shame I had to head off without trying out the second one, roll on October.

Thanks again to TonyS and the organisers for sorting out yet another Lincomb weekend! Pity I could only stay for the day, was really itching to call SWAMBO and saying I broke the LC and will not be back tonight ;)
Thanks also to the scouts! The grub was awesome! One comment though, and I have mentioned to them, as they're not doing this for the own profit, I think £2.50 is on the light side for a burger. I doubt anyone would complain if the price was a bit higher seeing as it is for a good cause.

My contribution for the record:
First thing I wanted to do was the axle twisters - I think the 150 has slightly better articulation than the 120 in stock format. Tucks the rear wheel up quite nicely.
20130504_104246.jpg
20130504_104307.jpg

I sent this to Simon Holton who laughed when I said I would not take the 150 off the black stuff. I got a reply "That does not look like the M1. lol!"
20130504_111040.jpg

So very badly wanted to try the special stage but knew it would eat my tinfoil side steps :(
20130504_115043.jpg

Picture did not come out very well but as Chris reversed out of the mud, it looked like mud 'n' guts dripping out of a monster's mouth!
20130504_115156.jpg

A sign of a good time at Lincomb - copious amounts of red mud.
20130504_175210.jpg

Stuck? ;)
20130504_180509.jpg

Some vids:
The Trip:

My 150 pootling around the woods. I was really impressed with it considering it is standard :)

Doing one of the steeper climbs (Next to Rubie hill) Agian, quite surprised that it got up without effort.

The red 60 and red 40 coming up the far climb in on the farm. There was a root which kicked you towards the tree and made your bottom pinch hence the failed attempts. (Pinching bottom causes the brakes to go on!)

The campsite

An aerial tour of the campsite

Another (slightly higher) view of the campsite and some surrounding areas.

All in all, a great day. Sorry I did not stay for longer!

Hi guys,
thanks for your kind comments, but the thanks has to go to Toby Louise, Ian Nic, Stacey Toni, Lorin and Amy, who do so much more than me!

Now, the lost punches! Nos 10,20,21, found by our champions so I know they are there somewhere! Must be the ones Ian hid!

Another big fire last night and some great chat and social. Warmer today.

Cheers

Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to helping me change my bust CV. I'm not sure there has ever been quite such a collection of experience and expertise all chipping in at once! Rob, Chris, Toby and Jon on the tools, Dave supplying the much needed inner axle oil seal and CV grease, Rob H for the life-saving dremel, and a fair few others all chipping in to the discussion/debate/advice and providing much needed humour and support. Thank you all.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. The organising crew did a fantastic job and made this already superb venue (thanks to Tony) an absolute blast, thanks guys
.... For Lindsey and I it was extra great seeing as we won !!!!:icon-cool: .
Lorin 'we were just glad to help out' . Chris Thanks for the use of your bead breaker (nice bit of kit).. one of the things we love about this meet and everyone involved, there is nothing that cant be achieved. Perhaps we should bring a spare engine to the next meet and see if we cant change it :dance:. I'll bring the Swarfega.
Now looking forward to next October... with fond memories !!

Well guys. Thanks for a great weekend. Bad news is i am sat out in my chairs on a roundabout in front of a pub in kidderminster waiting for another 2 hours for the big yellow truck to come take me home

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Well thanks to mr AA man finally on the way home.

uploadfromtaptalk1367856051691.jpg

Whatwrong with it Chris?

Good to see the 150 in action Crispin

sounds like it was another good weekend

Nothing serious clutch was a little dodgy on the way down and I ended up smoking it over the weekend. Left site and it was feeling ok but about 5 miles down the road it went totally.

Thanks for yet another great event! Glad the your order for the weather came through as well. Really enjoyed the trials, especially the one on day 2.

Here are a few videos:

Will post photos later.

Hi the Red fj 45 and the hj60 r good looking cruiser thanks tonytoyota.

:laughing-rolling::clap:
Thanks again to TonyS and the organisers for sorting out yet another Lincomb weekend! Pity I could only stay for the day, was really itching to call SWAMBO and saying I broke the LC and will not be back tonight ;)
Thanks also to the scouts! The grub was awesome! One comment though, and I have mentioned to them, as they're not doing this for the own profit, I think £2.50 is on the light side for a burger. I doubt anyone would complain if the price was a bit higher seeing as it is for a good cause.

My contribution for the record:
First thing I wanted to do was the axle twisters - I think the 150 has slightly better articulation than the 120 in stock format. Tucks the rear wheel up quite nicely.
View attachment 6704
View attachment 6705

I sent this to Simon Holton who laughed when I said I would not take the 150 off the black stuff. I got a reply "That does not look like the M1. lol!"
View attachment 6706

So very badly wanted to try the special stage but knew it would eat my tinfoil side steps :(
View attachment 6707

Picture did not come out very well but as Chris reversed out of the mud, it looked like mud 'n' guts dripping out of a monster's mouth!
View attachment 6708

A sign of a good time at Lincomb - copious amounts of red mud.
View attachment 6709

Stuck? ;)
View attachment 6710

Some vids:
The Trip:

My 150 pootling around the woods. I was really impressed with it considering it is standard :)

Doing one of the steeper climbs (Next to Rubie hill) Agian, quite surprised that it got up without effort.

The red 60 and red 40 coming up the far climb in on the farm. There was a root which kicked you towards the tree and made your bottom pinch hence the failed attempts. (Pinching bottom causes the brakes to go on!)

The campsite

An aerial tour of the campsite

Another (slightly higher) view of the campsite and some surrounding areas.

All in all, a great day. Sorry I did not stay for longer!

Back