Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
London Cabbie

A devout Muslim entered a black cab in London. He curtly asked the cabbie

to turn off the radio because as decreed by his religious teaching, he must

not listen to music because in the time of the prophet there was no music,

especially Western music which is the music of the infidel.

The cab driver politely switched off the radio, stopped the cab and opened

the door.

The Arab asked him, "What are you doing?"

The cabbie answered,

"In the time of the prophet there were no taxis, so f____ off and wait for a camel!"

Gra.

:thumbdown: sorry this is not the sort of "joke" I personally want to see on this site. I find it offensive and islamaphobic . I'm guessing the members we have [there are a couple too] in Iran and Libya may also find it offensive. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but the tone of these jokes puts me off using the site which is otherwise a fantastic, knowledgeable and helpful community. I did raise this with the admin as well.

nivapilot said:
Sorry, but I found it funny.
Me too. I was once called a White Honkey by a black man and it really seemed to annoy him that I didn't get annoyed. I think some people can be a bit too sensitive at times. Sticks and stones . . . etc.

SimonD said:
:thumbdown: sorry this is not the sort of "joke" I personally want to see on this site. I find it offensive and islamaphobic . I'm guessing the members we have [there are a couple too] in Iran and Libya may also find it offensive. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but the tone of these jokes puts me off using the site which is otherwise a fantastic, knowledgeable and helpful community. I did raise this with the admin as well.

I can see both points of view but I try to look at the intentions of the person telling the joke (obviously impossible on a forum though!) unless you know the person telling it really well.
I do think however that if we can all learn to laugh at our differences (or obvious contradictions in this case...!) then relationships between many different groups of people would be a lot better. As a side note I have often been told the funniest jokes by the 'other' group/culture/minority group aimed at themselves...

SimonD said:

So be offended if you choose to be...In the immortal words of Chopper Reid..... "Harden the Fu*k up"..

I'm so sick of people who trot out this mantra of anything that is not THEIR view of what is PC as Islamaphobic, or racist, or anti semitic, or aegist, or elitist, or sexist.

It was a JOKE FFS.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Olazz said:
SimonD said:

So be offended if you choose to be...In the immortal words of "Chopper Reid..... "Harden the Fu*k up"..

I'm so sick of people who trot out this mantra of anything that is not THEIR view of what is PC as Islamaphobic, or racist, or anti semitic, or aegist, or elitist, or sexist.

It was a JOKE FFS.

Well said

made me giggle

Olazz said:
SimonD said:
So be offended if you choose to be...In the immortal words of Chopper Reid..... "Harden the Fu*k up"..
It was a JOKE FFS.
I think those who get offended see this type of joke as their religion, race, colour, disability, whatever, as being laughed AT rather than laughed WITH, that's what I meant when I said 'too sensitive'. Nobody likes being laughed AT apart from us British of course :lol: sorry if using British is classed as racist but I am British (English) and proud of it. :thumbup:

Cossack said:
I think those who get offended see this type of joke as their religion, race, colour, disability, whatever, as being laughed AT

So what, you're being laughed AT... Boo Fu*king Hoo !!

Last edited:
Olazz said:
Cossack said:
I think those who get offended see this type of joke as their religion, race, colour, disability, whatever, as being laughed AT

So what, you're being laughed AT... Boo Fu*king Hoo !!
Thems my sentiments too :thumbup:

Well enough people have laughed with me, and at me over the years.

Nothing wrong with the joke in my, and many more opinions.
I even edited the F _ _ _ word out of it, so now you can see how considerate I was being.

Gra.

yep made me laugh.it seems to me that the point of the joke is that a pompous & self righteous fool gets played at his own game - nothing racist as far as i can see

Back