Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 'bargain' 24v

Didn't I hear that GGs were, or were going to be, made illegal in the UK due to tyre noise or something equally silly? :icon-confused:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Surely, it depends on what you do with the truck.

Mine's my DD and I do about 300 km a week on asphalt and maybe 50 - 100 km off road, half of that on tracks and the other on grass and rocks on the mountain.

None of the above is at high speed, on the highway I rarely go over 120 kph and of course offroad is all low gears and hugely uneconomical whatever tyres I have on the truck.

I like wide tyres, on grass they perform well and do very little damage to the mountain, tall and skinnies dig in and make a real mess of the place sometimes. Wide tyres perform well on asphalt, they have little disadvantages on the tracks, locked up on an 80 they'll pull through mud even on steep inclines and....

they look cool :lol: what more could you wish for.

What do you use your truck for?

Hahaha,looking cool is a big priority.
Truck is a DD,A normal week I do about 150-250 miles to and from work and general running around. Most weekends it's out towing my off roader/grass rod/scrap LR's/horsebox. So obviously be able to pull a loaded trailer across a field is a must. I dont do huge distances anymore as buying up trucks more than say,100 miles away makes breaking them not really worth doing by the time I factor in the cost. ITheres also some light laning thrown in there as well,probably will get a little heavier once I've got the first scratch out of the way!
It does exactly what it needs to on the 285's,quite happily.But since the 2" lift they just look a little lost in the arches
Decisions,decisions.

Last edited:
Hahaha,looking cool is a big priority.

It does exactly what it needs to on the 285's,quite happily.But since the 2" lift they just look a little lost in the arches
Decisions,decisions.

OK, decided. Buy them!

If you don't like them, take an overland to Romania, well have a beer & BBQ and I'll buy them off you! You can even do some off-roading with me :icon-biggrin:. An offer you can't refuse! :lol:

How could I possibly argue with that! I knew you'd support me,I have had the last few days of Anna (swmbo) trying to convince me otherwise whilst I been trying to justify it to her and myself!

Even the best don't understand, Dan. I just do it and we discuss it later. :shifty:

She doesn't know half... :shhh:

BTW, where abouts is Kernow?

Oh so true! I do however,have a get out of jail free card as her horses have new shoes every 6 weeks. A set of at2's cost 10x the amount I admit but will last me at least 10x as long? there is logic there?somewhere? Oh and she rides around in a V8 Disco on 275/45x20" GG at's. In fact now Im looking at it that way,maybe I should have a set of MT's too!:eusa-shhh:
Im in SW corner of the UK

Great part of the world! Go for the BFG MTs they're unstoppable!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ive always been a big BFG fan but the KM2's just dont do it for me,much prefer the old 'proper' mt's.

Not sure about that... Mine work well anyway!

I've just noticed that it's 2:30, time for some z's methinks! Stay :icon-cool:

Back