Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My quest for a new 80

[quote="Chris"Arf Arf. Yes they do. Designed for rescuing 'other' 4x4's.] I take it you mean LR's :lol:

Well done in your purchase,

I dont think Matt had that problem come back & never had to have any repairs carried out to the gearbox,
unless I missed something.

Happy Motoring :text-bravo:

Nice one Chris! :dance:

So when do we sort out the details on this one for me to buy?
1) Automatic Fire Prevention system.
2) Winch Bumper
3)....

You still haven't collected this one off the drive Crispin

Cheeky bugger

C

Oh yeah laugh it up.

OK I might sleep in it for the first few weeks

C

Congratulations Chris! That looks like it should provide the basis for a great project vehicle. I'm sure a man of your abilities will have that recommissioned and working as good as new by the time you've worked your magic.

Enjoy!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
well done Chris, im glad youve finally found a decent 80. :clap:

Im sure with a bit of work you will make that truck bigger and better than the last one. :thumbup:

Congratulations, Chris! :thumbup:
Eventually a morning that started with a good news. :D
Looking forward to the evolution of the Silver Surfer.

:clap:
Nice one Chris - well done and like everyone else I will look forward to the evolution of this 80 series
chuffed you will be back on the offroad again soon

Congrats, Chris - glad that one came good :thumbup: Looking forward to the full inspection report when you get your mitts on it - hopefully another litre or 2 of ATF and you're laughing!

By the looks of it, it's still riding on original suspension - is your front suspension from GW still serviceable? I'm assuming the rear shocks & springs are fine.

Cheers,

Hi Chris

Well done Mate :clap: :clap:
Looks a nice bit of Kit. I think it is better to buy one that need a little seeing to as you can go through it and make sure everything is ok without taking someone else's word for it.

Not Silver Surfers please that's for old duffers looking at the net all day ..!!!!.

Silver Ladies please.
IMG_3295.jpg

Welcome to the Silver ladies Club. There are very few of us about.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

SilverLady said:

Not Silver Surfers please that's for old duffers looking at the net all day ..!!!!.

Silver Ladies please.

Welcome to the Silver ladies Club. There are very few of us about.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Sorry but Silver ladies just sounds wrong..... :twisted:

Not butch enough for a man like Chris :lol:

Sorry Sweetie

But mine is a Good Old Girl and Silver.

Mal

Have you sealed the deal then Chris? Was holding off congrats until you had the truck on your drive...

Just struggling a little to get hold of it. Might be best to get myself down there somehow and just drive it back. I can insure it with the registration and then book an MOT up here and drive it back untaxed. I have RAC in case I break down.
All legal like, but it's getting to Slough that's not so easy. Well not easy in the time frame that I want to get there!!

Chris

Back