Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My quest for a new 80

I was hoping to see some exciting news here this morning, Chris? No joy with the Swindon 80 then....

Chris

The harder you look the less you see.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Paul_Humphreys said:

Irrespective of the body condition that last one should be grabbed. Replacement wheelarches can be sprayed to match the body easily enough as can a sound tailgate and the door if needed. If I had the space to store it I'd buy that in a flash. I reckon you'll be lucky to get one like that for that sort of money. My bet is that is gone very shortly

Nah, none of the above. Seen 'em, spoken to 'em, rejected them.

Guys, watch this space... There may be a BIG smiley in a very short while. The best cars aren't on the web.

Say no more. OK, might not come off and then it's plan B. But I should know pretty soon. Weekend might see me mobile.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave, I'm smiling!!

Fine details to work out and I think I'm sorted.

Chris

Great news Chris, :happy-wavemulticolor:

Well OK. not on my drive yet, but just shaken hands on new transportation. One or two minor blemishes but overall pics look good. Price good too.

Couple of bits to sort out before it's on the road, but nothing major.

So here we are. Silver Surfer!

photo.jpg
photo13.jpg
photo14.jpg
photo10.jpg

5 new BFG ATs too.

Come on Karl, where's that trailer!

Chris

Nice one Chris, silver is nearly as good as white! :thumbup:

Excellent :clap:

Whats up with it needing a trailer :?:

And silver is THE colour to have.

Joe

Well Well Well, nice one Chris. :clap: Looking forward to see you build this one up the the same standard as you previous ones :dance:

That looks like quite a nice 80 Chris, shame about the chrome though, im sure getting rid of it will be the first job after its back on the road. Liking the leather :cool:

I think I remember this one, has been off the road for some time, think there was a link to ebay a while back...

That's the one Rob. Not turned a wheel for 5 years. 69k on the clock. Yep. Less than seventy thousand miles. OK there may be the odd bit here and there, cars don't stop ageing just 'cos they're parked, but underneath, hopefully, as a good friend of mine points out, it will have had 5 less British Winters on the roads.

Wazzwivtrailer? Well it has a minor issue in relation to going into drive - sometimes. I think that we can sort that. Remember that I have a spare box sitting on my drive as a plan B. But if this is intermittent I think that our combined brains can handle that. Other reason is that it has no tax and no mot. So a trailer is probably the best idea until we get it home we can't do a full evaluation.

All of this is reflected in the price, innit.

Chris

nice one Chris. Sounds like your a happy man once again. :dance:

Nice looking truck too. Will be watching the build with interest :thumbup:

nice looking truck matey

do they make trailers that big

Arf Arf. Yes they do. Designed for rescuing 'other' 4x4's.

I know there will be some sorting to do, but all along I wanted a decent shell and a tidy inside. it appears that I have spares of most of the mechanical bits.

Chris

First time to comment on GW Chris, sorry to read what happened! Good luck with the new wheels.!

Back