Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Opinions on tie rod ends - OEM or Milners....?

Lorin

I've got a set of Gwyn Lewis HD steering bars that didn't cost me anything so I want to fit them. As a couple of my tie rod rubbers are split I thought I may as well replace all the tie rod ends.

What are people's opinions on the Milner ones - has anybody used them? Or should I just stump up for OEM :wtf:

Last edited:
Milners are shit, definitely worth avoiding! :thumbdown:

Ideally you should source good quality aftermarket ones made in Japan, thats what I've just done.

As good a quality as genuine (quite possibly made in same factory) but without the price tag. :icon-biggrin:

Terrain Tamer ones should be good as they source there parts from Japan. I'm sure the UK now has a Terrain Tamer distributor? :think:

Cheers Ben, I'll avoid Milner then and see what I can find

I fitted a full set of the Milner ones to my 80 (see build thread) and they were absolutely fine. Well made, good finish, fitted perfectly and as I'd measured them before I took the old ones out, were spot on when I went to have it tracked. They didn't even charge me. These one were made in Japan.

On Chris's recommendation I did the same and no problems either. They are jap Made and are perfect so far.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Afraid I had a very different experience with Milner's tie rods.
4 sent - 3 different makes (all 'made in Japan') - 2 split rubber boots within a year.

Went in the bin with my other rubbish and replaced with OEM.
Seems to be luck with the draw with Milner. Get sent whatever they happen to have sitting around at the time.

As far as Pedder's, have their suspension kit and castor correction bushes fitted and been happy with both.
No reason to think their tie rods wouldn't be half decent and can be sure will get great service if any problems.

Dave.

What's the point in taking a risk with Milner?

Assuming Toyota ones are as good as original they will last a LONG time. Mines 1995 and done 143,000 miles. No play or split boots.

My Audi did 240,000 miles and the original rod ends were perfect.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for asking the question and we are careful to only contribute to this forum if it is wanted. We are slowly building up a network across the UK. Although our relationship is only in its conceptual stage, Julian from Overland Cruiser has full access to our range and can quote you promptly.
If you do have any questions for Allan or any of our other engineers, we are only too happy to help. Due to R&D costs, we are not the cheapest but we believe we are the best in the world at what we have been doing for a long time.
Regards,
Brent - Terrain Tamer 4WD Parts

Back