Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2017

Now I'm completely confused. Don't we just rock up and park like the last 4 years?

Every time its been the same - Neo-Nazis on the gate and fecking chaos once inside. Great fun, but seriously, breweries, piss ups...

I've never had a problem, oh, except the first year being made to drive round half the course when a 200yd drive would have done.

I think issues like "lost papers" at the gate (not me, but a few on here) and having people hanging around to be "guided" to their site by people who clearly have no fecking clue, gets old pretty quick... especially when its really just a free for all when you get in. But we'll have fun anyway ;-)

Now I'm completely confused. Don't we just rock up and park like the last 4 years?

No

Its been a pain working upto every year. The first year they actually had us marked up into a fairly small plot. I had to email them measurements to prove we could not fit in there. They had us originally placed in the middle of the large caravans just north of where we ended up.

And Andy's strategically placed furniture helped 'grow the plot' a bit :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Utterly stunning here this morning
Blue sky warm sun and ground mist
And the ice is beginning to melt!

Any grief on the gate remember the pitch is M16

I think they want up to park in a row door to door like a dealer forecourt

I'll have to spin mine round later
It's utter bolliox really

I think they want up to park in a row door to door like a dealer forecourt
Isn't it usually advisable to have space between in case of fire? You'll probably know better than me what the suggested requirement is Chris…:whistle:

Edit
Just looked it up. Boiled down it seems to recommend 6m which can include awnings, vehicles etc as long as 3m total clear space remains. This is for emergency access.
I wonder if they know?

Last edited:
Utterly stunning here this morning
Blue sky warm sun and ground mist
And the ice is beginning to melt!
It's shaping up to be a great weekend weather wise, perfect for a spot of camping, and ideal for sitting back with a cold beverage and watching the show evolve!

Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Back in the UK this morning. Its lovely down in south east London as well. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Might bring the truck up for a blast up the motorway, hasent moved in a few weeks

Had move whole sodding camp

Fire rules don't govern people who just go out for a drive and camp up somewhere
They aren't at WORK you see
If they did then your BBQ would need to be 6m from your own car never mind your mate

Had move whole sodding camp
Was always going to happen, they have a clipboard with your picture on it, and instructions to disrupt this mans weekend! They're away now discussing what infringement they can pull you up on next.

If someone was inclined to haggle over it for next year why not just measure the plot when everyone's there and aim to agree a fixed price weekend rental of the plot by the club .

Would sub let relieve the monkeys of responsibility ? the club could then issue its own passes .

Got here just past 5 around the time it started raining :(
Discovered I'd left the groundsheet for the awning at home :(:(:doh::angry-screaming:

Found an army surplus stall and bought something suitable. :dance:

Got really rained on. :angry-screaming:

Set up the rear awning and got sat down only to get the rain start blowing in. Left the sides at home. :doh:
Another Basha from the army man and camp's cozy:dance:

Last edited:
Great to catch up with everyone today, many enjoyable conversations as always; the sun even made a welcome appearance in the afternoon.

Show was ok as well!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend campers.

It was a great day, we didn't make the decision to go till 9.30 and got there 11.30. From there on it was bumping into people we knew, chatting LC stuff , laughing and joking and generally having a great time. It was the first time I'd seen Lawrence ( Ollaz on the forum) since the 101 electrical workshop in 2012 at his house and took 5 mins for the penny to drop exactly whose company I was in !!!.
I was also grateful to Rich ( Starcruiser) for bringing me a bumper from his hometown I'd bought and getting it to me.
All in all there was enough at the show to make it interesting for any forum member with a vast array of overlanding 8 wheel behemoths to tiny micro campers. and every piece of equipment you could imagine. It was also nice to meet a couple of new members who seemed to slot straight in and become part of out community.

A great day had by Maria and myself and its a date for next year.

Back