Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pay & Play Day run by the Army at Tidworth, December.

Lorin said:
Graham said:
Gary Stockton said:
I've emailed him and have had a response re camping (brrr - FoxWing in use I think, plus RTT and extra thick duvet!!) so I'm assuming I'm in unless I hear different. But I have a LC so I'll just put on the amber lights and go as a recovery vehicle!!
Who was it that had some stickers made up....
"Official Land Rover Recovery Vehicle"?

Now wouldn't that be a good group buy for the event.

Graham

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-land-c ... 3a6ab8acdc

Shall we all sport them :twisted:

Ordered Mine

Crispin said:
they might have the last laugh :whistle:

I am sure the cruisers will stick together an pull me out if/when i get stuck so as not to rely on the green oval

Now:

Tony P
Crispin
Jon W
Rob
Gary S
Paul
Gav
Spindrift
Matt W
Cpt Sideways
Julian
Justin E
Me (Pete)
Ian Rubie
Chris Green
One other
Scott
Roger Fairclough

If we get to 20, then as well as a great day out we will be putting £800.00 into the charity collection.

Pete

Pete - Apart from 'December' is there a specific date in the diary for this yet, if not what's the best guess?

guys
bit of a dilema here,i really want to be there but my problem is that i've got a bog standard

96 lc 80 which has cost me lot's of money this year but it still hasn't got decent boots on.

Never done offroading of any sort,so don't know whether to turn up and be a spectator.

ram

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dont worry ram, you'll have no worries in that even in standard form and probably the best way to do it as you'll find what may be lacking and can mod what you really need in the future :thumbup:

hi
email sent,hope i didn't leave it too late

looking forward to getting my pack(conformation)then i relax.

I thought I might come to this but don't want to damage my Rolls Royce Cruiser. I'd like to come but don't want to be left with everyone else disappearing over the moonscape. So what sort of a day is it and could I keep up with you lot without too much damage?

Frank

I expect you'll be fine for the most part. If you really don't want to do something, don't - go around, park up etc.
Should be a good day.

I think the plain is mostly side step and mud flap mangling territory if you're unlucky and maybe a bit of [strike:18yxhejr]concrete[/strike:18yxhejr] silt clogging the radiator afterwards :) We can go in convoy if you like and then there's always the option of parking yours up if you don't fancy some sections.

Ive also emailed to go, hope I'm not too late!

it will be good to see a herd of cruisers amongst the others!!

Andy

Thus:

Tony P
Crispin
Jon W
Rob
Gary S
Paul
Gav
Spindrift
Matt W
Cpt Sideways
Julian
Justin E
Me (Pete)
Ian Rubie
Chris Green
One other
Scott
Roger Fairclough
Rich Sims
Ram
Andy

Trev is on an exercise at the mo. so dont expect an answer - as long as you mention either me or the Club you are fine.

Pete

wobbly said:
Trev is on an exercise at the mo. so dont expect an answer - as long as you mention either me or the Club you are fine. Pete

Ah, that would explain it. I emailed over two weeks ago and again a week ago, and mentioned both you and the club but still no reply. All hope is not lost :thumbup:

There you go:

Tony P
Crispin
Jon W
Rob
Gary S
Paul
Gav
Spindrift
Matt W
Cpt Sideways
Julian
Justin E
Me (Pete)
Ian Rubie
Chris Green
One other
Scott
Roger Fairclough
Rich Sims
Ram
Andy
Lorin

Hope my Landcruiser is back on the road in time, otherwise its the courtesy car, a defender.... :thumbdown:

We can always use you as a target Pete.

Or

Get a sticker saying,

"My other motor is a PROPER 4x4"

Then we will forgive you.

Roger ;)

I've emailed and asked if we can have an area to gather together - bit like the cowboy wagon trains in a circle.....

Is there a club flag?

Pete

Will we be meeting up somewhere first & arriving 'en masse' ?????

I have just sent an E-mail so may be I will be there.

On the meeting up front, if your interested, there is a Burger van that is usually open early Exeter side of the Countess services on the A303 or one of those pub type things that are open early and do a breakfast for a fiver in Amesbury just off the A303. Also close to where I got my stainless steel exhaust from.....should you need one.

Both of these are 10 Mins from Tidworth

Jon Wildsmith said:
I think the plain is mostly side step and mud flap mangling territory if you're unlucky and maybe a bit of [strike:6x9yavvl]concrete[/strike:6x9yavvl] silt clogging the radiator afterwards :) We can go in convoy if you like and then there's always the option of parking yours up if you don't fancy some sections.

The worst thing about the 'Plain' is the flint....if you are not careful it can be a tyre muncher, make sure you have your spare with you I will be as bold as to say that with this many of us on the plain I would expect to see two or three of us with punctures.

Steve

Back