Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 80: Codename Grey Ghost

Yes, the drawer sits on a set of bearing at rest. When you open them and the drawer becomes a lever effectively, the back of the drawer then pushes up onto the higher rollers. But in truth they are fairly tightly set - there isn't really any slop in there. As you say, to keep the drawers in trim, there are also thrust rollers along the side. Honestly though Andy, I am not sure they ever touch that much. Everything else if a snuggish fit in there and there's little room for any movement as far as I can feel.

Chris

Oh oh, postie has been again today. Big box of medicine. Ordered from Relgel yesterday. Here today. 4 cans RC 900, 4 of ML and 4 of 3125. Just need a good blast underneath and some warmer weather and I can set to. Generally the cavities that I have peeked into are very good. But there are a couple of quite poor areas needing Doctor Dinitrol. The wings themselves are good, but the area immediately behind the sidelight pod on the inner arch is crusty and so is the well in the rear quarter where all you posh b****s have a sub woofer. I don't. I have a baling twine dispenser there instead. Oo arrr.

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 16.53.43.jpg

I see you have gone aerosol and gun over compressor and gun any reason why??

Errm, no.

I just bought some cans. It wasn't a concious decision to avoid any other method. There were there and I bought them Warren. Simple as, really. I don't have any spray equipment which would certainly have been a sticking point otherwise I guess. Last time I did this, I did it with cans and there was no mess, no fuss, no waste. This was not a cheap box full as you will realise. But it's a worthy investment. The RC obviously is for well rusted sections. Possibly the chassis. The ML will go in areas where they is already light surface rust like the bottom of doors and maybe inside the chassis rails and the 3125 will be for all the other cavities and door skins etc.

We'll see how well the RC900 works first on some samples.

Yes a worthy investment I still have to do mine but having been told it goes on best in warmer weather it might be a job for next spring/summer. I have however used there rubberizing product in the wheel wells to good effect.

Enjoy I have been told it does not come off skin or hair easily. I look forward to the results. I have the kit but must say the urge to get someone else to do it builds each time I think about it.

I have some similar gloop Warren. I did the other 80 with that and it was very successful. I think it was from Hammerite actually. Rubbery but it did dry eventually. Looked like factory finish.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
5 second update

Aircon.

Ice cold.

Sorted.

Moving on ...

Excellent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rear tailgate touch sensitive LEDs in. I couldn't be without these. Very expensive, but they give you all the light you need at the back. Last time I also put the extra cargo bay light in at the back of the roof lining. There was a wiring bundle all ready to tap into. But no fixture at all for the light pod so I had to make that up. Didn't bother this time, but went for the OEM harness and blow me, it wasn't here. No where. So I had to tap into the centre dome light across the roof lining.

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/products/electrical/interior-lighting/led-interior-light-34-touch.html

Luckily the ''colour of the frame blends in perfectly with the Land Rover headlining to offer an OE appearance''.

Actually that's a nice idea, I'd imagine its pretty damn bright too.

Yogi, you can see just how much these cost - trust me when I say they are worth it. They don't look much in day light but at night they are fantastic. Really good light.

They're a good light them :icon-cool: I was going to fit one in the back of Swampy remembering how good they looked in the back of Jon Wildsmiths 80 at Lincomb. They turned out to be just slightly to large to fit nicely in the OE rear light recess, so I didn't get one in the end! I was going to buy them from off of a chap selling them on eBay for £20 or best offer with free postage http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271300279276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649. It does appear though that he's sold out of them for now :icon-cry: It may be worth contacting him to see if he can still get them as he appears to have a number of LED type lights for sale :icon-smile:

Last edited:
Brilliant build thread - no surprise. So glad you finally found a truck Chris! :dance:
Will keep watching..

PS 1, one cool thing I added is a digital thermometer to one of the un-used button holes in the lower part of the dashboard. A bit of filing the hole bigger and it popped in perfectly. It's not essential of course but is nice to know the temp when you're on trips and also what the temp is in the cabin on hot days. Mine gets up to 48++ degrees in summer after standing! Found it on eBay, ping me if you're interested for a link

PS 2, it's possible to add LED's to the foremost front dome light where the rear view mirror is. If you need more light. Has to be a 48 LED pad though, not the 72 (too big). I know you like the LED's :) You do have to cut the wires to fit it though - I did

PS 3, Dig out anther uprated wiring loom, I transposed the one from my silver truck to Ruby and it's worlds better. No need even for HID's or other workarounds.

She's looking great! Amazing how much easier each build gets as you learn :)

Front map light LEDs in there already my friend.

Yes it's coming along nicely and new rear bumper arrived this morning. So a huge leap toward the finish line.

Talk later

Front map light LEDs in there already my friend.

Yes it's coming along nicely and new rear bumper arrived this morning. So a huge leap toward the finish line.

Talk later

Ahem! ..less chat, more...

:banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics::banana-gotpics:

Sorry Clive. I am busy all day and then it's dark at 16.00. By the time I knock off, it's way too dark to do anything. This time of year it's weekends only and as the bumper didn't arrive when it should I couldn't do anything this Saturday. I don't have a workshop big enough to work in on something like this so it all has to be done outside.

No, no, tears not necessary. I'll manage. Somehow.

So I don't hijack Gary's thread...

As luck would have it CJ, my petrol does have Grey Leather... so if you're not going to use the arm rest... gizzit here innit !

How mucha you wanna for eet eh?

Sorry Clive. I am busy all day and then it's dark at 16.00. By the time I knock off, it's way too dark to do anything. This time of year it's weekends only and as the bumper didn't arrive when it should I couldn't do anything this Saturday. I don't have a workshop big enough to work in on something like this so it all has to be done outside.

No, no, tears not necessary. I'll manage. Somehow.

:violin: I can wait. I'm working in Oman over the weekend, so I'm looking forward to all the pics on Sunday! Something to break the boredom of the evenings stuck in a hotel. :lol:

Back