Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

Everyone welcome :thumbup:

It would be nice to have some kids along, my daughter Ana will be turning 12 next year September.

She gets a bit bored with us old ‘uns yarnin’ on about Land Cruisers, off-roading, camping etc. :thumbup:
Could well work out amigo! Our second to youngest lad is 9 and youngest is 4... eldest is 23 and we have a few in between!

Oh jeez don't let the mrs see this our 6 year old grandson has long since decided he's big enough to come on long trips with us now . Mind from Roscoff to Calias to home in one long drive because Helen was very ill and he didn't utter a single word of complaint :think: i should have let him drive !

Just checked that's more than 12 hours without stopping and it probably took me more like 18 stopping every time she needed to throw up or there might be a toilet available .

Last edited:
Little progress today. Rear lights sorted out now have everything baring a fog light and reverse on the o/s. Need to get some molex pin connectors and wire to finish it off.

Leds fitted for side lights and interior lights too.

If the weather holds this week and its not pitch dark in the evenings will get on with some of the mechanicals.

Still crossing fingers for the mythical trailer ride across town this week too :)

IMG_20191027_103344.jpg IMG_20191027_103333.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You know what i'm gutted i don't have access to the skills you have on hand , same goes for you Clive , i can do it - given time - but if it ain't a daily driver then whats the point .

Ignore me i'm drunk :obscene-drinkingdr:

You know what i'm gutted i don't have access to the skills you have on hand , same goes for you Clive , i can do it - given time - but if it ain't a daily driver then whats the point .

Duly ignored Shayne,

Cheers :beer::beer: :lol:

Lol you do have access to the skills mate... all you gotta do is drive over the bridge and I'm on yer doorstep so to speak! Watch this space... plans afoot...

Looks good but seems very low ?
I've not seen them in the flesh yet but Josh says they're a bit higher than centre of the hubs... May be optical illusion due to the missing arches.

Yeah same height as standard steps i guess but looks deeper because the cills usually come down to meet the step .

Yeah same height as standard steps i guess but looks deeper because the cills usually come down to meet the step .
Think it might also be cus the body is lifted and the gap is therefore bigger and now filled with checker... Bet they're fecking strong looking at them!

Not knocking the steps but are they strong mounted on the body vs the chassis itself? Does seem to sit about the same height of the original steps. Nice fabricating work though

Well spotted Beau i knew something was troubling me about them but i couldn't work out what .

Not knocking the steps but are they strong mounted on the body vs the chassis itself? Does seem to sit about the same height of the original steps. Nice fabricating work though

I thought that, its only "Sheet metal strong" there may be some braces to the chassis to come.

Back