Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Folks, it seems the nice EU, in a bid to show us just how nice, cooperative and beneficial they are to us Brits, has imposed extra checks at passport control meaning all British passports have to be checked and double checked for anyone (who foolishly holds and presents a British passport) travelling into or out of the Shengen area. That's us! Of course they have put on vast numbers of extra staff to help these checks go smoothly. Oops, no, sorry, I'm dreaming here, they haven't. So us Brits are having to wait up to 4 hrs in some cases to travel to the incontinent. Yes, I did mean that cos they're taking the P!!

Of course, this is in response to us daring to wish to leave the sinking ship that is the EUSSR.
It had to happen, why would they want to make it easy?

It won't last Rich , right now if it forces a single person to comply with fourth reich dictators it makes sense for the EU but when Brits decide to take their holiday money elsewhere they will do an about turn .

A quick look says 17.8 million Brits visited Spain last year , look on the brightside without all those nuisance visitors on an annual spending spree they will have plenty of free accomodation for immigrants ;)

If you hold a valid "European Union - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" passport, apart from the delay while they read all the small print therein, just to be annoying, there's not much else the can ask you for Richard.

I take your point, but up to the implementation of Brexit, and only then, subject to any intermediary legislation, things are as they were at the time of the vote IMO.

Afte Brexit, you'll probably need a SHENGEN visa....

Last edited:
Well, it's happening according to the news reports Lynn reads. They're basically being arsey just to try and teach us a lesson. It won't last as Shayne rightly says but it might just last two to four weeks and make our crossings a tad less easy. Just to show us how difficult it will be when we leave. No doubt they'll make things as difficult as possible then. They've already said they'll stand firm even if it means jobs and profits suffer in Germany so they'll not waver if tourism suffers, just as long as they've got their perks and their pensions.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There might be a bit of a queue at calais/ dover but there isn't really much else unless they've manned all the abandoned border booths on every road between countries

There might be a bit of a queue at calais/ dover but there isn't really much else unless they've manned all the abandoned border booths on every road between countries
No it's just airports, boats and tunnel but they're doing it on the way back too. Just wait they'll come out on strike next. :icon-rolleyes:
I guess what I'm saying is we may need to leave a bit earlier.

I honestly can't imagine where , other than in Dover , this passport propoganda might present a problem to me using the ferry . I drive off the ferry onto whats more or less a motorway and thats me - next stop Romania .

It actually seem's odd that Passport's are checked on the return journey between Romania and Hungary , i usually use the jetboil for a quick cuppa while waiting for some boy scouts to wave me through .

There's another one somewhere Austria i think and on one of the return trips i actually had to wait a full minute for the car in front to be waved on . There was nobody behind me .

I can't think of anywhere else on the journey that might lend itself to additional checks , it's just one long motorway .

Calias port could be like Dover i suppose but the lorries are what cause tailbacks and they want to be back in France that same evening , so we just arrive late .

I have been to and back on the eurostar a couple of times these last 2 weeks, passport control on the UK side for coming to the UK is usually slower and more painful. Is it the airports being complained about? I am of to Barcelona next week, let's see what that's about.

I honestly can't imagine where , other than in Dover …

Calias port could be like Dover ….
Exactly Shayne. Folkestone for the tunnel, Dover for you on the way and Calais and Sangatte on the way back.

I have been to and back on the eurostar a couple of times these last 2 weeks, passport control on the UK side for coming to the UK is usually slower and more painful. Is it the airports being complained about? I am of to Barcelona next week, let's see what that's about.
From what Lynn has read yes there's delays at the airports. How long it lasts is anybody's guess.

Sounds to me like the galaxy will be in danger.

Should I contact passport control and have them be ready with the flannel monster Nick? Could have more delays if they can't recognise you…

Or were you thinking of attempting a bribe with chocolate? :lol:

Should I contact passport control and have them be ready with the flannel monster Nick? Could have more delays if they can't recognise you…

Or were you thinking of attempting a bribe with chocolate? :lol:

Nooooooo ! Give them money, Nick!

So, I left work early at 5:30 yesterday, and after Aura decided to clean the apartment, ufffff, at 9:00 we set off for the Black Sea coast....

An uneventful cruise at 120 kph, saw us at our dugs at just before midnight, one fuel & coffee stop later.

Typing this from the beach, it's about 35 C, I've had a dip, and I recon it's time for a beer. Cheers chaps....!

So, I left work early at 5:30 yesterday, and after Aura decided to clean the apartment, ufffff, at 9:00 we set off for the Black Sea coast....

An uneventful cruise at 120 kph, saw us at our dugs at just before midnight, one fuel & coffee stop later.

Typing this from the beach, it's about 35 C, I've had a dip, and I recon it's time for a beer. Cheers chaps....!
You can go off some people…

It's about 20 here if we're lucky! :( I think autumn has arrived early!

May as well have some pics I suppose, y'know, just to rub it in.

I
You can go off some people…

It's about 20 here if we're lucky! :( I think autumn has arrived early!

May as well have some pics I suppose, y'know, just to rub it in.

The scenery is too boring for photies Rich, same old same old (I don't like the beach much) Ana loves it, the only reason we come here... But you insist...

image.jpeg

snapped as I type...

Back