Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Oh, I still haven't heard from Garmin about my £50 map update that wouldn't appear on Garmin Express save for a poor fellow who helpfully started the process all over again indicating that nothing had been done. I'm beginning to hate Garmin more each day.

Just confirming no Garmin emails to my address Rich, you've been had, it seems.

I can't believe such a "reputable" company would behave like this. Even a refund shouldn't cut it, you need their map updates, you can't get them anywhere else can you?

Just confirming no Garmin emails to my address Rich, you've been had, it seems.

I can't believe such a "reputable" company would behave like this. Even a refund shouldn't cut it, you need their map updates, you can't get them anywhere else can you?
It beggars belief Clive, it really does. Ok, things go wrong, I accept that, but sort it and tell me what's happening and I'll be reasonably happy. Keep me in the dark and things get nasty.

The problem I have is that the sat nav is part of a Kenwood double din stereo unit. When it's working, all is good, really, no complaints. I just love Tom Tom, that's all. There's some things this one does strangely and the voice prompts can be hilarious for their pronunciation. I'm stuck with it- which is ok if they get their finger out and make the update available to me then it will be up to date. Quite why there's a map update available that doesn't download onto Garmin Express I cannot imagine. As is often my luck, I seem to have found the dud.

15 minutes, then cut off followed by 35 minutes on the phone to Garmin this morning seems to have revealed the problem. Having sent the file from the memory stick through Clive's email, their system didn't add it to the case and everything ground to a halt. I then received a response to one of my emails after 3 days starting from scratch. Now home I've replied and this also seems to have hit the buffers. :angry-screaming:
So I got through to the original guy I spoke to…great…until I got cut off while on hold. So I ring back and no the agent that answered my call can't transfer me to the guy I was speaking to when I got cut off, nor can he request that I be called back.:angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

So I call back and get somebody who got it all progressed right through to the states who are now trying to get it to work. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck Rich, what to say. Whatever they do,miss too late for the purposes intended, i.e. your trip...

Isn't their service supposed to be fit for purpose like most purchases?

I know it's not in your nature, but the threat of a claim on that basis might prompt them into action, they are in the States after all, and used to litigations.

You could probably claim for a new settee, due to the extra ass-wear, being compelled to send an exceptional amount of emails, or whiplash as a consequence of the shock of not receiving the updates... :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm yes I like your thinking but I'll save my fight for a bigger battle that may be looming elsewhere. Hopefully it will get sorted and I can move on.

Well guys, you all going home marks the beginning of Autumn, and this year it's gone chilly early with temps down to 10C in the day and close to zero at night.

But it's a blue-sky day today, and the best that Autumn can offer

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

And the transfagarasan? Today View attachment 134412

Sorry, I can't delete this stray photo above :angry-screaming: Ah, ha! Got rid of it :dance:

Surprisingly, they've forecast 26C for next weekend!

Last edited:
Will it not go if you delete the photo in the text AND in the list of photos below?

That has turned to autumn quickly Clive!

The stray photo is not on the photo "list" Rich, when I go into "edit" mode. Very frustrating. In edit, the only thing above my "sorry" line is the link to the Transfagarasan.

Is that link working BTW?

The snow there and on the Transalpina, is all over the TV news today...

Snow has come early this year, but often it's November. There's even a sprinkling on the ridge run, I could see it from the National road, DN1 this morning... about 6" I'd guess.

The stray photo is not on the photo "list" Rich, when I go into "edit" mode. Very frustrating. In edit, the only thing above my "sorry" line is the link to the Transfagarasan.

Is that link working BTW?

The snow there and on the Transalpina, is all over the TV news today...

Snow has come early this year, but often it's November. There's even a sprinkling on the ridge run, I could see it from the National road, DN1 this morning... about 6" I'd guess.
Yes Clive the link is working, how about a winter get together?

Yes Clive the link is working, how about a winter get together?

No problem with that Chas, but you left just a bit too early!

Trouble is, the Transfagarasan is closed now, and won't reopen until next June/July...

I would actually welcome some snow driving, it's just the traffic nightmare that goes with it. Trecking across 7 countries to get to Comarnic could well involve lots of traffic problems if the weather was bad.

Clive…! Clive…! Stop rocking back and forth in the corner! The neighbours can hear you sobbing!

:)

Truly, I'd welcome it Rich, but as you said, when it's snowy here, it's likely to be the same or similar, all over Eastern Europe.

When I'm retired in 2019, I'll be venturing out more in the snow. Time is my problem ATM, you just wait till I've got time at my disposal....

When I'm retired in 2019, I'll be venturing out more in the snow. Time is my problem ATM, you just wait till I've got time at my disposal....
That's the spirit Clive, with retirement you won't know how you had the time to go to work.

For those that have been, here's some pics of the old road up Sinaia, a route we did in 2015/16 ...

IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
IMG_0622.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG

Even some signs of snow on the top (that's the ridge-run we did on the other side of the valley)

IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG

And a bit of a moody sky we had as the sun set...

IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG

We've had a lovely weekend :thumbup:

Beautiful Clive just beautiful, after I left Comarnic on my way back I saw some snow up on the mountains.
I see the pooch has well and truly been adopted, taking her for rides now eh?

Back