Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scum

Hemi

Country Flag
great_britain
I’ve been using my 62 as a daily after it’s long restoration and came down from work for the drive home to find some low life scum had tried to steal it ,ripped the lock out and smashed the steering column and for some reason put a dent in my upper tailgate , yes I could look at it and say I was lucky that they got disturbed but just wankers !!

Attachments

• CD7B0AC2-C825-43B4-B1E4-5B3EE4AE4B0F.jpeg
    CD7B0AC2-C825-43B4-B1E4-5B3EE4AE4B0F.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 9E50C112-8915-4C97-BCCF-ED04734A9A93.jpeg
    9E50C112-8915-4C97-BCCF-ED04734A9A93.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 60
Urgh, what kind of stupid idiots do that

I know I’m just raging,the amount of work that went into getting the doors and the rest of the body perfect and I mean perfect was unreal ,to get it back the door will need paint and I’ll have to buy a whole set of decals which stupidly expensive

That was a determined effort that so i'd be betting they will be back

I’ve gone through the works cctv a black coras and three men , they had done the hard work and our engineers leaving early disturbed them

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Professionals, it would be leaving the country , police should be very interested

It’s frustrating as our cctv doesn’t get the reg but I’m hoping an adjacent property may have got it

Attachments

• IMG_1404.MP4
    4 MB
Numberplate will likely lead to an identical black Corsa in another city . Pro's not chancers and its probably to late to set a trap hoping they return ?

:rage: :rage::rage: Lucky escape despite the PITA repairs. A Rottweiler inside will help!

that makes my blood boil... glad they didn't mange to make off with it.

On a side note, that's some pretty poor CCTV footage.. I'd be having a word with whoever configured the settings on that camera/recorder.

Phew! That's about as close as you can get to having it nicked without having it nicked! I had a bike nicked from a supermarket car park last November and if I'd used the disc lock instead of leaving it in a bag on the rear carrier and relying solely on the feckin useless steering lock I'd probably still have that bike today! The achilles heel of any security is the failure to use it!

Last edited:
I've been using these for years

IMG_0332.JPG

Its a decent physical barrier which isn't easily overcome. If its outside my house, anywhere in town or left when we go a walk for the afternoon its on, on any of them. Good £100 investment.
Unless you fit a sophisticated alarm 60's generally aren't difficult to steal away. That said in all my years of Cruisering I've only heard of one 60 being nicked ( from outside house at night).

This is what I've been using, it's called a "Strongarm" and it must be 25yrs old. It's just a hinged steel bar that locks the steering wheel to the clutch pedal with a decent padlock.

E0679134-19ED-4D48-A5DF-9557D0C315EE.jpeg

With all of us working hard to keep our cars nice, obtaining skills on the way, the punishment ought to be to force the culprits to put right the damage at gun point. If they don't know how to, start F.....G learning.

I've said for a long time some crimes would be better punished with financial penalties . You go to prison until you have worked off your debt either in workshops or outside work . Even the dumbest must eventually figure out that working 9 to 5 for wages and a life is better than working 9 to 5 for no life and no reward .

Don't work and you will die of old age in prison for shoplifting a packet of polo's .

Reactions: Raj
Back