Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sunday 28th Salisbury plain (Tomorrow)

warrenpfo

It’s a bit last minute but if no one started a thread the chance of this happening would be even slimmer. I have been given a pass for tomorrow on condition I go to the pictures tonight with the wife to watch some rom com.

Now I don’t mind making sacrifices but not if tomorrow is not going to happen.

I propose a 9/9:30 meet at Bustard Inn for those wanting a coffee and a chat to then head off for 10. I have a weber i can bring with some charcoal for a braai at lunch if everyone wants and then maybe some more driving in the afternoon.

It’s been very wet here with more rain expected so maybe a tarp would be a good idea.

Any takers?

Sounds good to me. I won't bother with my braai if you are bringing your weber.

I am in, but don't have a full day
How would people feel about starting a bit earlier say meeting 8.30 so selfishly I get a bit more play time?

Right it seems there are just the three of us then if everyone is still keen. I dont mind meeting earlier as its only an hour ahway for me but taking my weber for just us seems a little crazy as its the big one.

if somebody can bring a stove, mine is packed away in a store and I have bought some sausages for us
I guess we should wait to confirm 8.30 is OK for Fridayman, if not 9.30

I have some chops...well 4 chops but happy to share or we just agree to have a sarni on the trail somewhere which might be easier. Does anyone have some recovery gear as mine seems to either be with friends or MIA. I have the recovery points and a shovel along with a GPS and the trails.

Lets wait to see who else confirms.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm bringing the missus and Jake (my little lad), and 8:30 will be a little early for us. I have a smaller weber that I will bring along - I already bought a steak and some springbok sausages... I also have some straps and shackles.

I will pm my mobile number to both of you.

Right O then do you want me to bring some charcoal?

I will get to Bustard Inn for 9ish as I will have a few little chores to do. Will check first thing before I leave just incase plans change and PM my number to you both.

It will just be me tomorrow. I will have the cb on for the trip down.

Sorry to have missed this guys - got dragged off to watch the rugby matches on Saturday afternoon and a few cold ones later, I stumbled home at 3:30am... So I was in no fit state to make it on Sunday [strike:6rf30f6a]morning[/strike:6rf30f6a] afternoon :sick:

What was it like - no trip reports or anything?

Back