Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tabernas Desert

We might still be there..... :)

Its a shame the ferry times didnt give me an extra 2 days.

almost finished packing and loading up - water tank full, battery charger on, Jerry cans full, beer on board as is steak :)

20161002_141655.png 20161002_141629.png

Wish I was coming. I have holiday just no space in the calendar.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!!

But a sticker would be good. Re being ready, work has had me nailed down hard for the last couple of weeks, I am simply not ready. No dashboard in car, I want to re-pack the cv's and fit new axles seals, axle, gear and trans box need oil changes. Going to be a busy week that's for sure!

regards

Dave

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!!

But a sticker would be good. Re being ready, work has had me nailed down hard for the last couple of weeks, I am simply not ready. No dashboard in car, I want to re-pack the cv's and fit new axles seals, axle, gear and trans box need oil changes. Going to be a busy week that's for sure!

regards

Dave

Sounds like a few early mornings and late nights there Dave. If the worst comes to the worst the dashboard is purely cosmetic :icon-rolleyes: so long as the abs light works the diff locks will

Dead right Mark. I had planned all day last Friday, got a call to take a dog to be put down as the old age pensioner could not lift the just as old dog. I did the deed and of course had to do the burial thing. So Friday went out the window, and the phone has not stopped ringing since. I might leave the car in the workshop and ask one of the lads to do some of the work?

Either way, I will be there if I have to push it!

regards

Dave

We are currently at Zaragoza, aiming to be at La Valtorta campsite tonight, or possibly a site a little notrth :)

Last night spent at a site outside Pau, next to a heliport with power station!

Roads are easy and clear so far, hope to be on first track tomorrow am.

Pete

Good to see your making progress Pete. :thumbup:

regards

Dave

I'm very jealous of this (although shouldn't be as I spent 3 weeks in Southern Africa this year). I'm up for this next year at about the same time, if I have a truck that's ready.

Have a great time chaps, loads of pictures please.

Last night was spent in an abandoned campsite just prior to the off road sections, it was a lovely spot and a nice campsite, but a bit eery.

Completed first morning of tracks, bone dry and rocky in the main, just stopped for lunch by a dry river.

Will have to wait for photos as uploading takes ages :)

All good so far.

I would love to do this trip especially as Steve has a trailer to because i did find having the only trailer did put me a bit at odds on a road trip in convoy . I mentioned to the mrs it might happen again next year and her reply was "well as long as it doesn't interfere with the Romania trip" so ........

I would love to do this trip especially as Steve has a trailer to because i did find having the only trailer did put me a bit at odds on a road trip in convoy . I mentioned to the mrs it might happen again next year and her reply was "well as long as it doesn't interfere with the Romania trip" so ........

:lol: Ha ha! Bless her

Must be our unrivaled charm and charisma :laughing-rolling:

Camping just outside Valencia tonight.

Todays tracks were excellent, lots of 4wd needed (mines 2wd normally) and low gear, mainly for getting up the stone tracks.

Found an abandoned village as well as some great mountainous scenery.

Its a great route, really needs double the time to do it justice.

Hiya - just dropping in quickly as having too much fun driving some amazing trails! This was a section from today near Requena.
Tomorrow we hit the site in Tabernas. Will do a proper trip report when we can
Btw, please excuse yhe squeaky brakes on the trailer - its the first time they have been used!

Lovely. Just a tip though. When spotting like that, please don't stand on the outside of the bend. It's the perfect place to be flattened in a runaway situation.

Nice to see your having fun guys, keep it up. My end not going so well, I am having a nightmare week. Arrived home Wednesday lunchtime to find my little dog bathed in blood, the terrace was also a mess. She had literally attacked the floor and of course come off worse. Jury is still out why she did this, the vet is not sure what has happened, she may have had a fit or seizure, perhaps been bitten by something? We don't know, she has been on meds for a couple of days and has been fine since. I cannot leave her so elected to take her with me, the vet OK'd her for the trip, if I have to leave early so be it. There is a lot more to the poor things history, but later with that. all that maters is she is fine at the moment. In between the events with 'Cookie' and customers/friends needing urgent assistance, I have managed to get most of the car done except pulling out the CV's and re-packing them, work commitments have to take priority I'm afraid. Some bits and pieces to sort tomorrow, but given the time I have spare I will not be ready 'proper', but I will get there 'as is' and 'make do'.

See you soon,

regards

Dave

Back