Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tabernas Desert

that route doesnt include a diversion to guardamar does it?

Thats probably for the best as the beach campsite is closed - if i need to i can take a day out and visit the inlaws and then meet back up.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete, I haven't included any campsite details that far into the route as it's hard to tell right now where we will be and when. We do have Archies Campings which will help us find one.

Bugger.

Just had a van redesign the rear end of the hilux :(

Waiting to see if it can be pulled out temporarily.

Bugger.

bugger indeed! I hope the van is F8cked. What bad timing - I hope its OK for the trip :anguished:

Waiting to see if it can be pulled out temporarily.

You might want to pull it out permanently - as I would imagine having a van attached to your rear might be a bit of a hindrance on your trip? ;)

Typical, though isn't it! I hope you get it sorted out soon and it doesn't impact your departure. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah, bad timing.

I swear, his excuse was he didnt see me.......

The vast majority of the damage was actually the front of his van, which came off when he reversed, leaving large bits of broken plastic attached to the hilux.

The bodywork is unscathed, bumper needs replacing but might leave it on for Spain! They are ordering me a new bumper from Mr T which I will fit, its only 8 bolts.

The rear towbar mount and under-run bar took the impact without a scratch!

Got off lightly, will be costing them £600 for bumper!

Again, thankful for the dash-cam, shows him 100% to blame, thats twice its been useful now :)

Hassle about the van impact
How did a dash-cam show him to blame when it ran into rear of Hilux

I have bumper sitting in rafters in my garage as I replaced mine with ARB
But if they are paying for a new one - go for it

Thank goodness the bodywork is Ok

Initially his company told me that I stopped suddenly whilst the light was green.

Its a 3 way split, left hand lane goes left, centre goes ahead, right goes right. Each lane has its own light sequence.

He was in centre lane but saw left hand light go green, so he floored it :)

Dashcam clearly shows me on a red, stationary. My truck then gets lurched forward.

I sent them the footage, they immediately offered to pay for the damage.

I think the guy didnt realise the light sequence and simply wasnt paying attention. Glad I wasnt on a bike though!

Will keep the bumper in mind, might be interested anyway, especially at the cost Mr T charges!

Initially his company told me that I stopped suddenly whilst the light was green.

Its a 3 way split, left hand lane goes left, centre goes ahead, right goes right. Each lane has its own light sequence.

He was in centre lane but saw left hand light go green, so he floored it :)

Dashcam clearly shows me on a red, stationary. My truck then gets lurched forward.

I sent them the footage, they immediately offered to pay for the damage.

I think the guy didnt realise the light sequence and simply wasnt paying attention. Glad I wasnt on a bike though!

Will keep the bumper in mind, might be interested anyway, especially at the cost Mr T charges!

Ah right, clearly there fault then
You should get the new bumper, mine was on vehicle at least a year, why cut corners for a liar driver

cheeky bugger! I hope they take it out of his wages for telling porkies......

Even if you had stopped at a green light, it would have been van drivers fault, they should leave a gap in front and be alert, so I can't believe they tried to blame you with that story

Folks seem to get very funny about their car insurance, hence my enthusiasm for dash cams.

I may even fit my older dash cam to the rear hatch facing backwards!

Bad news that I am sorry to hear, hope no one was inured?

regards

Dave

Yeh don't whinge too much, you might get grounded for the Tabernas trip, you may also get the non sympathetic 'try giving birth' story.......as if that would hurt...pah!

regards

Dave

My Trailer is ready!
20160923_143114.jpg

I have a bumper sticker for everyone going :)

If you want one, better sign up quick :romance-grouphug:

You know Steve for A Few Dollars More you could have had various stickers done... Oh but thinking about it that may have cost A Fistful of Dollars.

Had a call from the man with no name and he wants a sticker ( and so do I).

Cheers,

It's looking like a great trip guys - I hope you do it again next year when I should be able to join.

Back