Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tail gate storage.

tail gate strut.jpg
tailgate strut 1.png

added struts, these are the fourth pair ive tried now..

its got to stop..

Very good. Shame that plonker from Sense of Adventure didn't get his act together. I'd have liked some of these.

They look awesome!
I would be down with a set of these for sure!

How much weight difference between the ply template and those ones??

They look awesome!
I would be down with a set of these for sure!

How much weight difference between the ply template and those ones??
Thanks mate.

The template was just for honing the shape and size etc. Easy to cut and cheap.
off to the powder coaters tomorrow. Textured matt black..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I also altered the rods that operate the latches to get them tucked up out of the way a bit more.

Yep - well done - It's not an obvious problem until it happens... and then it's frigging annoying....

Did you change the connecting 'bits' at the ends - to ensure they don't 'fall off'.... or just re-position the rods.

It's a very nice useful little space that I keep all my recovery gear in - gloves, strops and shackles etc etc... hopefully things that are never used but easy to get to without having to move all the other stuff in the back around if it was kept in a box in the deepest recess in the truck....

Also the units are looking nice bit of kit - keep up the good ideas....

Looking very good CG, do you have a final price for them yet?

the problem you now have is that perhaps a newer finish on the entire truck with a polish is needed to wrap around this tail gate.
Unfortunately KB, itll take more than just a polish..

Yep - well done - It's not an obvious problem until it happens... and then it's frigging annoying....

Did you change the connecting 'bits' at the ends - to ensure they don't 'fall off'.... or just re-position the rods.

It's a very nice useful little space that I keep all my recovery gear in - gloves, strops and shackles etc etc... hopefully things that are never used but easy to get to without having to move all the other stuff in the back around if it was kept in a box in the deepest recess in the truck....

Also the units are looking nice bit of kit - keep up the good ideas....
Thanks denboy

I just repositioned the rods, the plastic thingies on the end of the rods still felt positive when i clicked them back in

Looking very good CG, do you have a final price for them yet?
Very nearly chas. I have another ready for the powder coaters, but it looks like it will be friday before i can get it to them.

Very nice! I'm toying with the idea of putting a twin hob in mine once all the other tasks are done. A very big space that's usually wasted. Job well done that

Back