Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tail gate storage.

No sorry.

With my spare wheel carrier you can't see the fog light or number plate to for some stupid reason I can't find a decent led fog light unit.

No sorry.

With my spare wheel carrier you can't see the fog light or number plate to for some stupid reason I can't find a decent led fog light unit.
The leds are brighter than my originals.

I have two of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151483149894
as mine being JDM had none. Good and bright. Not sure how they fare with any existing cutouts though. I think there are others if you search "trailer LED fog light" on eBay.

Not looking to put in the oem holes. Can I have a picture please Richard on the truck

Not looking to put in the oem holes. Can I have a picture please Richard on the truck
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1905.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks fabulous, a great job and really well thought out... am just looking at doing a similar tailgate conversion for my 100 Series, but wold be very interested if you have a version of this all ready to go for the 100 Series... Cheers CB
Thanks for the compliment.
i have nothing in the pipe line for the 100 series tbh. I havnt the time at the moment. If i was inundated with requests i would probable do something, but i havnt..

Ah well, was worth asking... fortunately my diy skills are reasonably adequate, so guess will just make it a personally satisfying project... probably do it the same time as the drawer system I'll be knocking up.. thanks anyway, will be an inspiration as pretty close to my ideal for the 100 tailgate..

If it makes a run for the 100 series more feasible I’m sure I could be persuaded to join that list ...

thanks Jacob. tell you what. ill have a look over the Christmas hols.
if my old man gets enough Christmas whisky down him he wont notice me cutting his 100 series tail gate up...

Hey CG, did the 100 tail gate investigation happen ?

A suggestion for fog light mounting for those with swing out spare wheel carriers on the offside of their trucks is that you could mount it close to the bottom hinge near the rear lights out of the way to prevent damage used this method on an imported hilux i once had and for lighting units you cant go far wrong with Durite or Guardian led lights

Hey CG, did the 100 tail gate investigation happen ?
No.
Sorry KB. I need to be realistic. I haven't got the time to make anymore 80 ones at the moment let alone start on the 100 series.

I'm not saying they will never happen, but I'm not into giving people false hope then repeatedly letting them down.

I'd rather do less very well, than more mediocre..

Have you looked at some of the US offerings and SA iirc?

Off to the US in a few weeks, but wanted to first make sure you had not done any digging.

Totally understand where you are coming from.

Back