Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Terraclean South

wilc

Country Flag
uk
Ive got a 96 4.5L with LPG, running so sluggish and so much less powerful than my mates 4.5L im frustrated, spoke to Terraclean South for the treatment plus induction parts and throttle body as well for £196 all in, anyone has had it done to their 80s? will report back if anyone is interested

In interested in hearing how it goes. Im thinking of having my Subaru done.

hopefully it be done tomorrow and ill see if it helps at all.

Any update on this Wilc now you've been running with it a while?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Burnt on carbon is not dissolvable and is mainly unnreactive chemically. Therefore their claims are not true. You cannot remove the carbon they talk about in their advert without taking the engine to bits. With modern technology the need for decarbonising has almost vanished. In the old days you had to regularly take your engine to bits to decarbonise it. Had there been another way to remove carbon it would have been used and no there has not been a sudden breakthrough in removing undissolvable and non reactive carbon.

With an engine that has been driven cool for years (unlikely) there may be soft carbon build up in the engine which can be burned off by a thrash down the Mway known as an Italian decoke.

What does our Dave 2000 think?

I've just watched wheeler dealers Terracleaning their V8 Jag engine. Sorry chaps but I'm going to have to Fuckin- Swear. Ed China says it will remove all the carbon from the engine and exhaust pipe. After the treatment he says it has been removed. Well he must be blind because when he puts the tube up the exhaust pipe to retest after the treatment the pipe has the same amount of carbon as it did before the treatment. Also where has all the removed carbon gone. Has he inhaled it all ? Why didn't he show us the huge pile of carbon that had been blown out of the exhaust ?

I very much suspect that large powerful engine has not had a good thrash for ages and that's only what it needed.

My 90 has been done , made no difference at all . I actually went there looking for someone to service my injectors and the garage DATS more or less refused saying nothing runs that well with injector problems , so i let them relieve me of about 120 quid just because i was there really :doh:

I'm with Frank on this one. Burnt on carbon is VERY hard and tough enough to remove with tools with the engine stripped so I don't see how any sort of cleaner being fed through the engine and burnt will remove it.

Going back to the OP, has the engine been checked out mechanically, good compression, ignition system, fuel injectors, correctly functioning LPG etc... etc? If not I'd be inclined to do that first. Not a fan of feeding anything through the engine other than fuel and air. JMO

I agree with Frank and Towpack, its a waste of money.Also MO

I must have spent a good 10 years between 17 and 27 de-coking engines in the 70's. Burned on carbon is as hard as ceramics to shift, only grinding will get it back to metal and it's a long laborious job.

Modern engines (meaning post 1990) burn so clean that there's little or no build-up.

It's a scam in my book... Save your cash.

Does make me wonder whats in the diesel additives like wynns gold injector cleaner though , by all accounts it cannot work but the change a bottle brought about in my old transit tipper ensures i will continue to use it in all my diesel engines .

We de coke engines at work without stripping them, we use a walnut blaster (like a sand blaster but uses walnut shell) it takes some shifting using that sometimes, not a believer in teraclean tbh.

4.5 running lpg... known for wearing valve seats aren't they on lpg? Is the engine mechanically sound and all sensors etc working as they should?

Back