Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Timing belt change question??

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Can you let me know what else you would change during 3rd Timing belt change,I have just received a box of bits from Ian,T.belt,tensioner,spring,water pump,but what are the oil seals (part numbers too if poss).As im know mechanic ive just confused myself looking at the FSM diagrams and am not sure if all or if any is necessary,like to do some of the other jobs while car is in bits as a precautionary measure.

I know somebody here will put me straight.
thanks in advance

Gary

I would personally just do the bits mentioned. The belt and tensioner is the most important. Good to do water pump to be on the super safe side. As for seals im sure people only do them when needed. I know i do :think:

Karl

The only oil seal you are likely to need is the camshaft oil seal - 90311-32020 and you could possibly replace the rocker cover gasket - 11213-17010.

Can the cam shaft seal be done with the alloy casting in situe Julian?

karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well only doing the water pump as its done 200k and as im about to replace everything around it,And the fact im not a mechanic and need to drive it every day,so while its off the road to be done its another 18 year old part that wont be failing on me. :thumbup:
cheers Gary

Cheers Julian. Just nice to know.

Water pump has nothing to do with cambelt change dave. Some people just do them as a safe gaurd before anything goes wrong.

Karl

Back