Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota reliability

karl2000

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Just read in this weeks auto express that there have been SIX recalls of rhe C-HR. Seems a bit excessive?

Not all minor issues either - powetrain could come loose, leaking fuel tank, incorrectly fitted wheel bearings, wiring fire hazard, sw problems and airbag problems....

I think what happened Karl is, Toyota after 1998 handed everything over to the Chinese, So im lead to believe.... I know most of their Genuine Parts are Manufactured in China, Along with the 120, And now as we've just discovered.... The C-HR... So there you have it Its true 'coz' i read it somewhere.... :thumbup: Crack on!

Aren’t Landcruisers different from their other cars. May be land cruisers are built differently?

Many manufacturers do it. The oil filters for my ZZR were made in Japan, up to around 2015, after which they were marked as made in China. Obviously not all Chinese made stuff is poor quality. So when have we heard all this before? Late 60's - 70's?, with the influx of stuff made in Japan and all that was supposed to mean back then. Cars, motorcycles, electronic goods etc. "These cheap Jap bikes won't catch on, they're crap". yeah right.:laughing-rolling:,

ya China is a manufacturing hub. They manufacture products as requested by clients. Apple phones are made there n also look alike cheaper products as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Tractionman, I think its best you don't know...... But one thing i do know is that Toyota in 2000 Handed over development and manufacture of the D4d Engine to the French, And we all know how well that went ???......Or was it Algeria, Any way it was one of the French colonies, But as we know the French are mainly peasants and Communist, Things were done a bit ...........Well you Know!!!!!!!!

Found this, Released from Toyota... This was the Final touch up stage before the French released the D4d Development Back to Toyota.. Enjoy... Toyota were so impressed they started production Immediately

Informative vid there Higgy. They must be well impressed by now with the continued probs.

Some interesting reliable Landcruiser stories. Might not be nee but found them. Hope to see my LC with these one day :)

ant simpson is a mate of mine.
the clue in the article is "japanese 4x4s from the 1990s"..

Irrespective of where the engine is made, Landcruiser is the most important car in Toyota’s history, so these should be best of their cars. There are not many recalls/ atleast for 2014 models.
I had issues with my car but now it’s at baseline so was thinking if I take care of it from now, will it go over that high mileages n prove to be one of the best overland n 4x4 on the road?

I had issues with my car but now it’s at baseline so was thinking if I take care of it from now, will it go over that high mileages n prove to be one of the best overland n 4x4 on the road?

Lets hope so Raj!

On a 2008, that's over 37k miles a year. It's generally accepted that well maintained engines doing this sort of mileage suffer far less wear than similar engines condemned to a lifetime of short commuting journeys. Less cold starts per mile and the engine spends far more time at it's designed operating temperature. This is especially true with diesels. Back in '98, when I was looking for a Disco 300Tdi, I almost bought a 3 year old example with 110k on the clock which ran as sweet as a nut, pulled like a train (for a Disco), and was really quiet but was put off by the high mileage.

From an owner's point of view it makes absolutely no sense to sell vehicles with virtually zero anti-rust protection. applied. The state of Raj's 200 was shocking considering how old it isn't. In real terms, applying a coat of something, even ordinary stonechip, to the underbody at the end of the production line would cost next to nothing in time and money. The cynical would say it's to limit the vehicles life, it makes you wonder.

Back