Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Straight through side exhaust anyone? Very solid. Sounds very nice.

blowpipe.jpg

Chris

Attachments

• blowpipe.jpg
    blowpipe.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 38
Well I hope it works out better. The original just kept getting bashed and squashed. I reversed into several banks an d stuffed the end into the soil. So hopefully this will be out of the way.. I can lengthen it or put a bend on then if necessary. I used the original mounting point by unbolting it and moving it forward on the chassis, just using two of the four bolts. It's the most over-engineered tailpipe mount I have ever seen. Two bolts will be enough.

Chris

Handbrake (joke) lubrication/adjustment for impending MOT

Kept going and fitted the rear air point. Miserable day. Then sunny. Then miserable again. Ready for a Gordon's already.

RearPCL.jpg

Quick edit on the exhaust. Blimey Charlie, it goes like stink. Refuse to believe that removing the last resonator box makes that much difference. But woof woof!

Chris

Attachments

• RearPCL.jpg
    RearPCL.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 47
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rear brakes done
Handbrake adjusted
Crank oil seal done
Timing belt changed
Reposition CB
Throw away viscous fan boss
Clean alternator brushes

To do
Vacumn broken glass out of truck
Try and remove at least a bit of the mud inside
Fuel up for Lincomb woo hoo

Finally got round to sorting the FM antenna, coax cable must have been worth more than gold in 1991, Toyota have used exactly enough to get from the back of the radio to the top of the wing. there wasn't enough spare to get my fingers around, let alone splice on to a new aerial. Lots of fishing, removal of the glovebox and a very skinned knuckle later and it's done. Rough as you like because I couldn't use a grommet that covered the hole but that's for another day, I can listen to the radio now and that's all I care about.

Then got on to making the recovery points sound, there was a single lower bolt in each pigtail as well as the two upper ones, there is also a sheared bolt shaft in each one so I did as much as I could and now have four secure fixings per side, I think that's plenty, to be honest.

Next was to take off the towbar and fit a Dixon-Bate that I've had lying around for a while, that went smoothly but I will need a new towing socket that I can fit through the bumper at a later date. It is good for recovery just now and that's what I need.

Before:
IMG_0520-1.jpg

After:
IMG_0522-1.jpg

Opened garage door at 19.00 - drove off the drive at 19.15. In that 15 mins, I adjusted the handbrake. AGAIN. Jeez. All I did was go off road for a day and it disappeared again.

When I clicked the adjuster, each side took up 6 clicks. Does the adjuster just work loose? Anyway, how good is the handbrake now? Well, it's been good before, but now with the shoes and new discs settling in it is unbelievable. I have never had it so that half a doz clicks held me back in 1st so that the TC actually bogged down. Hell's teeth, that is a hand brake. Went up our local steep hill and put it on. I was rolling very slightly backwards and it flung me against the headrest. Just wish it'd stay like that.

Roll on X Eng.

Chris

Checked and toped up where nessacery all the fluids ready for the weekend ...oh and fuelled up (hopeing it'll be £90 quid well spent)

Hell yeah. :thumbup:

Really nice to have a dry Saturday then rain overnight for some slippy slidy on Sunday. I've got me chunkies on. Last year I had less grip than an OAP with Alzheimer's.

Chris

Just ordered a Full set of Mintex Grooved and slotted Brakes Disc. Cant wait to get them and see how they look. Costed £120 for a complete set. :dance:

The ones on it at the moment are screaming out every time I apply the Brakes and producing horrible amounts of brakes dust, they were long overdue but lasted a good 155,000 miles so very impressed, plus I live in Milton Keynes (Roundabout Heaven)

Beau said:
Just ordered a Full set of Mintex Grooved and slotted Brakes Disc. Cant wait to get them and see how they look. Costed £120 for a complete set. :dance:

That is very cheap!

Maintenance? What maintenance. Lincomb tomorrow. I don't need any more maintenance :thumbup:

Now, once I get home ..... :thumbdown:

Well who knows.

Chris

changed my knackered winch solenoid for an Allbright one and slipped a couple of protective sheaths over the rope while I was fiddling.

Swapped my tow bar receiver over for the one from GW. It's bit higher and less likely to drag on departures. Couldn't' just swap the bar. All the main brackets were different. No fun in that drizzle I can tell you.

Chris

Gav Peter said:
[quote="Red Oktober":2asdtbk0](hopeing it'll be £90 quid well spent)
It will... :cool:[/quote:2asdtbk0]

sadly it wasn't ...... and i was really looking forward to it ... oh well :roll: :roll:

anyway ... i've flushed the entire system through ...engine reaches it's normal running temp quicker than it did ...and the heaters are hot .. instead of just warm

no leaks ... (good thing) ...heaters work properly (good thing) ...

going to bypass the the rear heater as i've been told that it can all sorts of issues with airlocks if it's not used (mine isn't ..and won't be)

also painted the chrome surround on the grill black and the toyota emblem which I did gun metal grey, while I had the grill off anyway to change the winch solenoid:

IMAG0600.jpg

hope that's ok with you Gav :whistle:

I like it. Had far too much bling before...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back