Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

What a coincidence Andy, my GS went in for the mot yesterday as well and passed with flying colours
must be the DNA

New AC compressor fitted, check
New AC condenser fitted, check
New AC rear line fitted, check

2x 1KG ABC powder fire extinguishers fitted

Last edited:
Not sure as I now need to have John take a look and pressure test it and then yes fingers crossed it should be good to go.

Not sure as I now need to have John take a look and pressure test it and then yes fingers crossed it should be good to go.

I hope so mate, you've put a lot of work into that A/C.

I'm jealous actually, 'cos I need to fix mine. There's nobody here to give me a reliable diagnosis. The last I heard was no pressure from the compressor, but it is working, just not very well. I can't help thinking no pressure no cooling, some cooling, I must have pressure. It's been re-charged twice and after each re-charge it doesn't work at all! After a week or so, it starts to come cool again! Crazy!

There's a couple of suspect joints and I'll try to get some "O" rings, but with no Halfords to pop into here, that may not be so easy.

Good luck with the pressure test!

Not exactly maintainance, but today I washed off Lincomb mud from two years ago, which was the last time my 80 was used in anger, been parked at Julian V's since then.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have sorted my twisted cord:icon-biggrin:

Its on the very rear fold up seats that hooks onto the grab rail, its been like it since ive had the car and i still dont know how somebody managed to get it twisted. But with time and patience i now have an untwisted easy to unfold rear seat.:dance:

I'm back to square one with my mudflaps catching because of the 35mm offset wheels i fitted , so heat gun and hammer are on standby . Mrs says i haven't done anything to the house since i got my truck so today i'm plumbing a tap out into the back yard . Helen's now happy and it hasn't yet occurred to her that its for the pressure washer i bought last week :icon-biggrin:

Replaced handbrake shoes and rear pads on Lil' Blue. Also had fun filling the front diff with a new piece of kit, Gunson Eezibleed.

Never knew such a device existed but what an easy way of doing the job, a good addition to the toolkit.

Last edited:
New Clutch Master Cylinder on my fj45 pick up old one got a bit of a leakage on it and it is ok with the new one install good to go thanks tonytoyota .:wtf:

MOT today, apart from a small weld patch on the suspension turret off the rear axle Lil' Blue passed.

:clap::clap::clap:

Bravo Trevor, you've certainly earned an very enjoyable weekend, job well done!

Back