Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Did a full service on my 95, t-cut,clay, polish and waxed most of it and removed the rear diff for a rebuild all ahead of my morocco trip in October

Hard fitted Garmin 3957 sat nav

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Swapped the wheels over, un bolted the bash plates, emptied the boot ready for some biking this weekend

Removed the front fender flares so i can clean and then rubberise the wheel arches. What a crappy job getting them off and working inside the arches to get the nuts undone. There must be an easier way.

Got the underneath sprayed up ready for winter even though it'll be parked up for most of it in a garage. Dropped the tank and cleaned out the tank filter! Fluid changes all round the car! Need to get the timing belt done one day and she's set!

Anyone know of a good trickle charger kit? I'll be needing one in a months time... Alternatively should I just leave the batteries out? She'll be stored in a secure garage

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Why not get a solar panel charger to keep the batts topped up. They're now pretty efficient and will work over the Winter months and obviously cost nothing to run. If the car's in the garage you could maybe fit one on the roof or outside wall. I'm looking into one for the caravan.

+1, I use solar to keep my caravan batteries charged while it's in storage. 40W panel via CTEK 250S which conditions the batteries as well.

Gave the old girl a service and installed my fuel primer inline so changing the fuel filter is a piece of cake now.

Fitted my rebuilt rear diff, new tripod bearing for the uj, replaced diff studs new oil back in the axle, and greased up the prop shaft :)

Fitted my rebuilt rear diff, new tripod bearing for the uj, replaced diff studs new oil back in the axle, and greased up the prop shaft :)

I'm intrigued, what is a tripod bearing for a universal joint? My searches on glugle show something more like a CV, so I'm curious Mark. Any chance of a photo?

Tonight after work, I blasted,sprayed, and basically soaked the inside of the chassis legs with Dinatrol,
while the weather is dry and warm.

I'm intrigued, what is a tripod bearing for a universal joint? My searches on glugle show something more like a CV, so I'm curious Mark. Any chance of a photo?

Me too!

I'm also intrigued as to what a Moroccan Lift is (in your signature). :think:

er yeah so maybe I invented a new bearing, I meant the uj bearing:wtf:

Now a Moroccan lift is something different and not a method I've seen discussed or used anywhere which probably means its not a preferred way of getting another 2" of suspension lift.

Its essentially another coil spring inside the main one which gives me the lift, ie double coil springs. The ride is lively without a load but with my kit in it performs perfectly. My MOT man hasn't commented on it.

Snapped a rear wheel stud during routine maintenance last week so set about changing it today. Run down to Milners and bought 3, then back home, remove wheel/brake drum etc and the old stud came out pretty easily only to find that the new studs don't fit! Ahhhgggrrr!!! The OE stud is slightly smaller in dia and the splines look finer. There's a post somewhere on this forum (which I can't seem to find again dammit!) that states there are different part No's and prices for OE front and rear studs? Looks like Mr T then.
http://www.milneroffroad.com/toyota...mport/hdj80-axle-frontrear-0?new_ver=1&page=4

Last edited:
I thought it was only the 90 that had different studs front and back , and the difference is only in length i think .

Last edited:
Back