Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 Wiring diagram (ABS in particular)

Citizen Brown

Country Flag
england
My ABS light is on. I had traced it to some damaged wires to the rear ABS sensor. Fixed these but light still on. i have had a look at the FSM's listed but this does not seem to have the wiring from ABS in it.

Have i missed it or can someone point me in right direction please.

Also is there any common problem with the ABS light that I ought to be looking at first. Thanks all.

The wiring isn't really very complicated. I'd say that if the light is on, then the ABS isn't very happy. You need to follow the test in the FSM using the diagnostics box under the bonnet. You jump two connections and count the flashes on the dash. This will tell you which sensor is having a strop. Or, if it's more serious. Common issue with 80 ABS is that the sensors lose their magnetism and the signal gets weak. That creates the fault. Now there is usually a little shim that you can remove to lower the sensor closer to the toothed ring on the axle. But it's only postponing the inevitable. I have an ABS fault on my off roader at the minute and I am considering just pulling the whole system out. But do the test and see what it tells you. It's very easy.

You can always rely on a simple explanation from Chris,

Some say he is so knowledgeable that Aliens ask him to probe them. :ugeek:

Thanks Chris - i downloaded the FSM off the forum but this seems to be from 1992 and i can't find the reference to ABS. Or am i being thick!

CB, I'd have to delve into the FSM myself for that, but it is in there.

OK I have delved and you need page BR24 onwards.

Connect Tc and E1 together and remove the short link. With the ign on check the flashes.

I am on the drive all day Saturday, you can always drop by.

Chris- many thanks and apologies for the laziness!!

i need to pop to Karrls in next couple of weeks to grab some bits so would like to swerve past and meet you. Thanks again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No worries CB. It's always easy to to say it's easy when you've done it once yourself.

You're welcome any time. Kettle's always on. Tools always out. Chin always being scratched. Let me know when and I'll ping you a post code. Come off at 29, head through Heath and you won't be far away.

Back